Block Management Survey for Montanan's

ingomar

Below is a link to a survey being conducted by Rural Landscape Institute in Bozeman, MT. There is one survey for landowners and another for hunters. They want to assess what is working and the level of satisfaction from both groups. If you hunt Block Management in Montana, please take a couple of minutes to complete the survey. Your opinion and thoughts are very important and may help to build a bigger, better Block Management Program

http://rurallandscapeinstitute.org/projects_opengates_surveys.php

I've had good experiences with Block Mngmt, not that I've always notched my tag on BMAs, but I've always enjoyed the opportunity to hunt those areas. Montanans are blessed with a great state - just let me keep coming to visit!

I've had good experiences with Block Mngmt, not that I've always notched my tag on BMAs, but I've always enjoyed the opportunity to hunt those areas. Montanans are blessed with a great state - just let me keep coming to visit!

I'll gladly give them my input. Very thankful for the opportunities to get on new pieces of ground. I have had good luck too. All the landowners have been real helpful with advice and what not for me, which is appreciated.

Ingomar, thanks for posting the link, I appreciate it. My name is Matt Bitz, and I'm the author of the surveys. This is something we at The Rural Landscape Institute have been working on for awhile now, and I hope the data we collect will be helpful to anyone-hunter, landowner, or otherwise-who has an interest in the Block Management Program.

If anyone would like a hard copy of the survey for a hunter or landowner you know who doesn't use the web but would like to participate, you can PM me here or contact me at [email protected] and I will send them a survey form with a stamped return envelope. The last day to take the survey is August 31.

Also, while we are working hard to get this out to landowners across MT, if you know someone who has enrolled or currently enrolls property in Block Mgmt., please let them know about this project, it exists to help them. We are hearing from lots of hunters, now we need to make sure we hear from lots of landowners as well.

One other thing I'd like to add: nonresidents who have used Block Mgmt. can take the survey, as can hunters who are familiar with the program, but, for whatever reason, do not utilize it. That information is helpful too.

Thanks everyone.

Matt

Matt, I took the survey. I was wondering how much of the state was private land. However this web site suggests the percentage of private land in the state is closer to 58.7 percent in stead of nearly 65 percent as in the survey. http://nris.mt.gov/montanafacts/county_own.asp
I thought this could help with the survey. Good luck.

Glad to see that survey get posted here. Matt is a great guy. He puts a lot of work into this kind of stuff, when he is not on the tractor.

I would encourage people to take the survey and give your comments. It helps develop a base of feedback, important to knowing what hunters are wanting from the Block Management Program.

Thanks, Matt.

If you have any thoughts on Montana's Block Management program, now is the time to make them known. Need as many landowners and hunters as possible to weigh in.

The Missoulian ran an article yesterday about the Block Management Program, and this survey was mentioned. I visited with Rob Chaney for the article. Rob also visited with Alan Charles, the BM program coordinator at FWP. If you would like to read the article, I've included a link below:

http://missoulian.com/news/local/hunting-state-looks-for-answers-to-block-management-woes/article_f14d9328-c336-11e1-a4ef-001a4bcf887a.html

I'd like to say thanks to all the Hunt Talkers who have taken the survey already, and/or passed it on to others. You guys are a big help. If any of you participate in other online forums where you think it might be helpful to post a link to the survey, that would be great. And, if anyone has questions, please feel free to contact me. My info is in the earlier post.

Thanks,

Matt

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back