Blisters

Enjoyed the podcast!

He kept mentioning wearing "rubber bottom boots" and said they were quieter. What exactly is he talking about?

Enjoyed the podcast!

He kept mentioning wearing "rubber bottom boots" and said they were quieter. What exactly is he talking about?

He's got "Whitetail issues." We are always jabbing about the benefit/uselessness of scent products or rubber type Muck boots v. leather boots. Most the guys who are crazy about whitetails, as he is, just can't shake some of those habits. He does sneak around the hills and takes some really nice bulls with his stick bow, Muck boots, and scent control products, so I ought to quit ribbing him about it.

Last edited:
He's got "Whitetail issues." We are always jabbing about the benefit/uselessness of scent products or rubber type Muck boots v. leather boots. Most that guys who are crazy about whitetails, as he is, just can't shake some of those habits. He does sneak around the hills and takes some really nice bulls with his stick bow, Muck boots, and scent control products, so I ought to quit ribbing him about it.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I immediately thought about muck boots but thought theres no way a guy can run around the mountains in that type of footwear! I do use them around here for wading mud holes and sitting in a whitetail stand. But definitely use mountain boots in the mountains.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I immediately thought about muck boots but thought theres no way a guy can run around the mountains in that type of footwear! I do use them around here for wading mud holes and sitting in a whitetail stand. But definitely use mountain boots in the mountains.
I switched over to hiking boots years ago. I find the hard leather boots cause me foot issues. I wear Vasque except duck hunting I wear rubber Muck like boots. I stopped buying Muck boots because they apparently come with removable soles now, and I am tired of paying to have them glued back on. I still wear nylons under my socks and I always wear wool socks.

He's got "Whitetail issues." We are always jabbing about the benefit/uselessness of scent products or rubber type Muck boots v. leather boots. Most the guys who are crazy about whitetails, as he is, just can't shake some of those habits. He does sneak around the hills and takes some really nice bulls with his stick bow, Muck boots, and scent control products, so I ought to quit ribbing him about it.
LOL Whitetail issues. I have Grouse issues.;)

As a hockey player for most of my life I can tell you that nylons under your socks will help prevent blisters.
Interesting. I'm pretty prone to blisters while hiking/packing, but I've never had a blister from skates. Ingrown toenails during a growth spurt as a kid, but never blisters.

I've used liner socks on and off, I like they way they wick moisture, but the polypropylene almost seems increase the motion/slipperiness of my feet in a boot. Sometimes I think that motion makes me blister more easily, if that makes sense.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back