Blackhorn 209 in stock

It's now $48.50 for 8oz!

I hope it's as good as you guys claim. I just ordered some after patiently waiting for almost a year. I refused to buy it for double price or more on gunbroker.
A couple people I know that have ordered recently are still receiving 10oz bottles. Hopefully you do to. Let us know.

just out of curiosity, as i'm gearing up for my 1st muzzy purchase.
an 8oz or 10oz can, roughly how many loads / shots is that in a .50 or .45 cal muzzly?

so when i buy my 1st new muzzy and maybe 3 or 4 different bullets to try out to see what will work best, i'm sure i'll want to spend some time at the range.
how much blackpowder do i need to get started?
thanks

I have a bottle and a partial second bottle I’ll sell in Boise. I had it for a hunt a few years ago. Unfortunately, no shipping.

just out of curiosity, as i'm gearing up for my 1st muzzy purchase.
an 8oz or 10oz can, roughly how many loads / shots is that in a .50 or .45 cal muzzly?

so when i buy my 1st new muzzy and maybe 3 or 4 different bullets to try out to see what will work best, i'm sure i'll want to spend some time at the range.
how much blackpowder do i need to get started?
thanks
I shoot 80gr BH209 by weight which is roughly 110grs by Volume. 10oz = 4375grs so I can get 54 shots per bottle. 8oz is about 43shots

Pyrodex and others come in 1lb bottles. so 7000grs. If you shoot 100grs by Volume (approx. 70grs by weight) you will get around 100 shots per bottle

So now we get 8oz for the price we used to pay for 10oz. We'll mark that down as 20% inflation on Blackhorn 209. Great.

I shoot 80gr BH209 by weight which is roughly 110grs by Volume. 10oz = 4375grs so I can get 54 shots per bottle. 8oz is about 43shots

Pyrodex and others come in 1lb bottles. so 7000grs. If you shoot 100grs by Volume (approx. 70grs by weight) you will get around 100 shots per bottle
great, thank you.
so if i see some in stock i'll probably just grab 3 cans or something

is Pyrodex or 777 alternatives worth exploring or is BH209 that much better? seems like other brands/options are plentiful in most stores

Me, a dumbass, walked passed 3 bottles at Cabela's late winter and said to myself: "sweet, it's finally back in stock, I'll be good for next fall!" and proceeded to walk away.

It's been backordered since those 3 bottles sold with no timeline on new stocks coming in...

great, thank you.
so if i see some in stock i'll probably just grab 3 cans or something

is Pyrodex or 777 alternatives worth exploring or is BH209 that much better? seems like other brands/options are plentiful in most stores
I really like BH209 but if I didn't already have a bunch on my shelf, I wouldn't use it.
I've killed a bunch of elk, deer and bears using 100grs (Volume) of pryrodex. It works just fine.

A couple people I know that have ordered recently are still receiving 10oz bottles. Hopefully you do to. Let us know.
It was delivered today. 8oz bottles. I thought the price was high, but I've been wanting to try it since I bought my first muzzleloader in Jan 2021. It looks like the best price around now with Hodgdons and Cabelas prices.

It was delivered today. 8oz bottles. I thought the price was high, but I've been wanting to try it since I bought my first muzzleloader in Jan 2021. It looks like the best price around now with Hodgdons and Cabelas prices.
i looked at both as well. Hodgdons has 2 bottle limit and high shipping fee.
Cabelas i ordered 3 bottles and $0 shipping as i'm picking up in store in Denver.
figured 3 bottles may be enough to work out / test loads in my new Muzzy that was ordered and should be on the way as well.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back