NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Black Ovis Merino Base Layers

eric308

Just picked some up off CamoFire. Seem to be of good quality for a great price. Anyone using these?

I have some and like them I do get a little itchy from time to time which never happens in my smart wools but I'm happy for the price I paid on campfire a few years ago. The durability is better than Smart wool.

I have the underwear and a base layer top. I did not like the underwear, just personal preference. I didn't like the itch in that region of my body, I already scratch enough down there. The base layer top I haven't had any issues with. It isn't as soft as my Sitka merino, but not as itchy as my Kuiu merino. I've scouted in it plenty. I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a rifle hunt here in CO.

I have the base layer bottoms. I just switched to merino wool base layers last year. I liked them better than the icebreaker and Patagonia tops I bought. Next purchase will be a black ovis top with hood for base layer gear. Hunted 3rd season CO last year with them with Sitka Timberline pants. Durability seemed good to me.

I've felt like everything I've gotten from Black Ovis has seemed suspect at first since the prices are low. And maybe that's tempered my expectations, but I've been very happy with all of their stuff I've gotten.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtJohn1234
Back