Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

bird dogs,,,,,,,,

300stw

dont know what id do without my dogs, i never get tired of seeing a dog on point

this 10 mo old pup is earning a place in the house and the kennel

stylish, runs big , stands his birds along way off, will hold a point up to 8 minutes so far
almost 40 birds shot over his points, no wild flush birds shot, getting very steady to wing and shot,,,

weres your special dog?

Attachments

• 20211012_163234.jpg
    20211012_163234.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
Here’s my two old guys. They can’t handle long hunts anymore. Currently in the research stages of my new bird dog. We are leaning towards a Brittany just for the size of them for traveling with us although I’m partial to the “ugly dogs” like the griffons and wire hairs
814B67A5-7497-4AE5-A019-537F4C9CCCBF.jpeg

Thanks for sharing pics. I just can't hunt birds without a dog either.

My labrador is broke down at almost 10 years old...she can't hunt anymore, but can lay around, wag her tail, take a crap on her own, and bark at an occasional stranger. Difficult decisions are coming, but for now, I enjoy her company.

Tried my little Jack Russel Terrier on birds, but that little demon tears them into pieces. He's got mad hunt and kill drive. Even fishing, he turns into a freaking otter when the fish get close to shore and kills them. Might take him elk hunting this year!

Researching breeds and breeders. GWP, Drahts, Pudelpointers, WPGs, etc.20211012_211342.jpg20211012_211428.jpg

Last edited:
He's 5 months this week. Two trips so far, neither were what I hoped for in terms of time or birds. But the kids soccer ends this weekend so there should be much more time to devote to getting him some experience. Thankfully whether he turns out to be a bird finding machine or not, he's an absolutely great family/house dog.

This was him when he found the first chukar I shot on opening day two weeks ago. He wasn't sure exactly what to do a first, froze like a statue, then once he broke, he retrieved it to my hand.
1634139872837.png

Man's best friend for a reason.

We spend all summer training different concepts daily and running hunt tests and all fall chasing birds of some sort. He's as at home in the duck blind as he is pointing roosters.

Attachments

• IMG-5293.JPG
    IMG-5293.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG-4209.PNG
    IMG-4209.PNG
    4.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG-5859.PNG
    IMG-5859.PNG
    3.6 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I talked to wife last night and I think I’m done with big dogs. Now that we are traveling more small dogs are just way nicer to share the cab with. Wonder if you can still find a cocker spaniel that hunts.

I talked to wife last night and I think I’m done with big dogs. Now that we are traveling more small dogs are just way nicer to share the cab with. Wonder if you can still find a cocker spaniel that hunts.
I know a guy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back