Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Bino harness options

Fisherkid1

The last few seasons i had the low end vortex harness and it served its purpose for the most part till the clips got to cold to use and they shattered when trying to put it on, rendering it useless.
if i am going to buy a newer nicer harness which direction should i go?
the bigger fancy Vortex or a different direction?
i have a set of Vortex 12x50's and ive noticed some state they only handle a 40mm lense due to size.

Kuiu?
Alaska?
Mystery ranch?
there are so many options i am just wondering what you guys use and why?
thanks in advance!

I prefer protective pouches that enclose the whole bino as well as possibly hold items like windchecker and calls.

I've been using Alaska Guide Creations K.I.S.S. Max and am happy but I'm going to try the FHF System with my new Nikon HGs. FHF Gear is running a sale right now 15% off with code RUNOFF15

I started out with a Crooked Horn harness my wife got me. I liked the system but within about a year the elastic straps kept stretching and started sliding loose in the buckles constantly. I just replaced the elastic straps with regular polypro webbing, with two loops of elastic shock cord connecting the binos to the harness clips to provide a little bit of shock absorption. Later, when I wanted a pouch-type rig but couldn't quite swallow the prices, I made my own from an old USGI 2-quart canteen pouch suitably modified and attached to the same harness. Ugly as a mud fence and looks like one of Red Green's projects but it works.

Bino Bro by Oregon Pack Works. Simple, protective, and sleek.
I really like this one as well. I personally like zero other stuff in a bino pouch, I know lots of guys do though. Particularly with a larger, heavy bino I wouldn't wan't to add more bulk up front.

I started out with a Crooked Horn harness my wife got me. I liked the system but within about a year the elastic straps kept stretching and started sliding loose in the buckles constantly. I just replaced the elastic straps with regular polypro webbing, with two loops of elastic shock cord connecting the binos to the harness clips to provide a little bit of shock absorption. Later, when I wanted a pouch-type rig but couldn't quite swallow the prices, I made my own from an old USGI 2-quart canteen pouch suitably modified and attached to the same harness. Ugly as a mud fence and looks like one of Red Green's projects but it works.

Outdoor vision bino harness is what I’d recommend. I’ve had a few different setups and the outdoor Vision is extremely comfy and easy to use.

I had the zipper version of Badlands (fully enclosed) and now I have the mystery ranch bino harness (size large). I like them both and I have 12x50s. They fit great in each. My best advice would be to try as many in store as possible.

I'm also in the market for a bino pouch. I can't get past the crazy price tags though..I could buy a used back for the cost of some of these! Does anyone have suggestions for a system that won't make me cringe? Thanks!

Haha i feel the same way. Its like come on. I know its protecting a expensive piece of glass but it shouldnt cost as much as the binos!

I had the zipper version of Badlands (fully enclosed) and now I have the mystery ranch bino harness (size large). I like them both and I have 12x50s. They fit great in each. My best advice would be to try as many in store as possible.

Being from the midwest the only one in a store ive ever seen was the Vortex i currently have. Got it at Cabelas and it was the only option. 🤔🤔

I like my solo hunter one. I prefer a more sleek style.

I have not tried any others, but some of them look handy and hold a ton of stuff, just big. But a lot of guys really like the AGC, FHF, etc.

I use a Kuiu one (only piece of their gear I own), I like it. Easy to get binos in and out of, and the shoulder straps are comfortable under my pack shoulder straps even with a lot of weight.

I have been using a Marsupial Gear harness for a few years and love it. Really prefer the way it opens to the front and folds down instead of flipping up. Like the magnet closure. Pretty much like everything about it.

I tried several. Settled on Crooked Horn harness when I’m day hunting and don’t need to protect my binos. Marsupial Gear when I want more protection.

I have been using a Marsupial Gear harness for a few years and love it. Really prefer the way it opens to the front and folds down instead of flipping up. Like the magnet closure. Pretty much like everything about it.
Exact same thoughts, love mine

How does the harness feel under your pack?
I use a bigger framed pack that is about 30+lbs daily and it pushes mine around and digs them in my shoulders.

The koala pack seems to get a lot of good reviews and i may try it out

FHF. end of story. All the others are bulky which means hot and sweaty during real hunting. FHF is simple and effective not to mention durable as hell.

How does the harness feel under your pack?
I use a bigger framed pack that is about 30+lbs daily and it pushes mine around and digs them in my shoulders.

The koala pack seems to get a lot of good reviews and i may try it out
I don't notice the harness at all under any of my backpacks. Very minimal webbing to the harness.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back