Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bino Diopter Settings Question

fattybinz

When adjusting the diopter on your binos, do you focus on an object at closer distances, say 100-200 yards, or do you choose something farther than that? Found different answers online.

I just bought my first quality pair of binos, Maven B2 11x45s and whenever I check the focus of the individual tubes, there is one that is a bit off and I have to readjust. I've been focusing it at long distances, 700+ yards, so I'm wondering if that makes a difference. The diopter ring is very stiff so I doubt it is drifting on me. Also just read that you should cover the opposite lens when you are making adjustments. I've been closing the opposite eye, which I guess is incorrect.

As long as you get the "difference" set right, the distance specific focus should be taken care of for both eyes with the main wheel when you're using them. Are you saying the difference you're setting with the diopter is not the same at 150 yds and 700 yds?

As long as you get the "difference" set right, the distance specific focus should be taken care of for both eyes with the main wheel when you're using them. Are you saying the difference you're setting with the diopter is not the same at 150 yds and 700 yds?

I don't know...I've only been out with it once and I didn't test different things at different distances. Just randomly checked the focus at different times and had to readjust. Next time I go out I'm going to check the focus of each tube at different distances.

It doesn't matter. Focus the non diopter side with the center focus wheel and adjust the diopter to make the other side just as focused and you are good to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back