Bino Chest Harness - Dump

Woah, I just downsized my harness, using the Vortex glass pack now that came with my new binos. Clip my rangefinder on and put a wind checker and calls in it along with tags in the back!

I just got the same harness for Christmas. I only had binos, range finder and wind checker in it for my coues hunt. I will probably utilize the compartments a little better for my fall hunts, assuming I draw the tags. I like to carry my headlamp/license/kill kit stuff in my jacket or pants pockets, zipped up.

I have the same AGC as OP and a FHF Rangefinder holder strapped to it. I've gotten to love it for whitetail because as long as I grab it and my rifle when exiting the truck I will have everything I need lol. Let me see if I can remember what all is in it:

Binos
Rangefinder
Rem Oil Wipes
Tags
Ammo (6 rounds in Kuiu holder in little zip dry bag)
Portable Charger w/ Phone Cord and Mini USB Cord (for headlamp)
Extra Rangefinder Battery
Headlamp
Backup Headlamp
2 Lighters
Chapstick
Eye Drops (for contacts)
Tums/Antacid
Tylenol/Ibuprofen
Benadryl
Small Suncreen Stick
Super Small Roll of Leukotape
Wysi Wipes (little expandable cloths, for TP/blood cleanup)
Paracord
Knife w/extra blade (Outdoor Edge EDC)
Multi-tool (little squirt)
Spudz Lens Cloth
Fire Starter tablets (for western hunting only)
Garmin InReach Mini (for western hunting only)

I have the same AGC as OP and a FHF Rangefinder holder strapped to it. I've gotten to love it for whitetail because as long as I grab it and my rifle when exiting the truck I will have everything I need lol. Let me see if I can remember what all is in it:

Binos
Rangefinder
Rem Oil Wipes
Tags
Ammo (6 rounds in Kuiu holder in little zip dry bag)
Portable Charger w/ Phone Cord and Mini USB Cord (for headlamp)
Extra Rangefinder Battery
Headlamp
Backup Headlamp
2 Lighters
Chapstick
Eye Drops (for contacts)
Tums/Antacid
Tylenol/Ibuprofen
Benadryl
Small Suncreen Stick
Super Small Roll of Leukotape
Wysi Wipes (little expandable cloths, for TP/blood cleanup)
Paracord
Knife w/extra blade (Outdoor Edge EDC)
Multi-tool (little squirt)
Spudz Lens Cloth
Fire Starter tablets (for western hunting only)
Garmin InReach Mini (for western hunting only)

I’m glad I’m not the only one! I was starting to get a little self conscious about everything in there. Like all setups I’m sure it will shift and change over time.

Any one figure out what the pouch on the lid is for?

My List:
AGC Alaska Classic MAXX
-DiamondBack 12x50's
-Tags and map in back pocket
-Havalon, lighter with tape, rubber gloves, tp in bottom zip
-Few shells,ear plugs in right pocket
-Wind powder that I never use and lens cloth in the left pocket
-Call,probably somethings I forgot in front pocket
Sometimes run a strap through bear spray holster

Really want the hydration pack
Thinking about the kydex holster that attaches to the bottom, Feel kinda dumb if I wear my chest holster under it...to many straps.

I have the AGC hybrid with binos, rangefinder, wind checker, calls, and headlamp. However, I kinda want to go slimmer cause I hate the bulk. May try Marsupial or FHF.

^^ Smart phone.

I carry binos and then range finder in the front, trapper, chap stick and shells in the basement, wind checker, calls in side pockets, tags in rear.

My List:
AGC Alaska Classic MAXX
-DiamondBack 12x50's

Thinking about the kydex holster that attaches to the bottom, Feel kinda dumb if I wear my chest holster under it...to many straps.

I put calls and occasionally the phone.

I use the hydration pack on hikes with the family and antelope hunting. I like it, it’s better than carrying an additional hydro pack

My List:
AGC Alaska Classic MAXX
-DiamondBack 12x50's

Like on the very top? I keep some individual rem-oil wipes in there, and have also found it useful for holding my phone facing up with On-X rolling so I could follow my tracked path (off trail) back to camp in pitch black.

I don’t even like having my Binos on my chest, let alone everything else that’s in my pack. Sheese! Only reason I keep them on my chest now is cus they’re too expensive to carry in my waist pouch.

This thread really has me thinking about my setup. Other than food, game bags, and hydration I could fit all of my essential gear in the chest harness and strip the pack down to almost nothing.

On the bino pouch:
-binos
-wind checker
-cleaning cloth
-elk call or turkey call
-flagging tape

On the strap:
-range finder
-gps

Primary binoculars carrier (Badlands magnetic closure)

10x42 binos
phone
zip strips (affixing the tag to the big game animal in Kansas)
pen (completing the tag info)
turkey mouth call/s
lens cloth
spare memory card for the camera

Attached/hanging below the primary case: Badlands Cabelas bargain cave special secondary pouch

camera (high zoom built in lens, macro capable)
range finder

Another AGC fan. Items in the pic are near their respective pocket. It is definitely more bulky than the previous five bino carriers I've tried, but i don't see myself going back any time soon. Any time I'm in the woods, I wear my bino pack as a matter of default (even if I don't need the binos or rangefinder) as I know it has all my basics covered. Contents:
-10x44 Steiner Binos
-Rangefinder in front
-GPS
-Windchecker
-Compass
-Duct tape
-AA batteries
-firestarters
-Leatherman
-Inreach
-Primary headlamp
-lens cloth
-pack of gum
-chapstick
-usually a small snack
-licenses and hunters ed card in the back of the harness
-diaphragm calls on the elastic on top

I'm thinking of upgrading to a rangefinding bino to free up the front pocket. Would like to include a havalon and a few other small items.

Attachments

• 4AFEB114-BDF1-4912-90E0-CBD9810CD7DD.jpeg
    4AFEB114-BDF1-4912-90E0-CBD9810CD7DD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
No Marsupial guys out there? I tried out the Marsupial harness and love it. I keep mine pretty light because I’m worried my string may contact in an out of position shot during archery season, also prone rifle shots can be uncomfortable with a huge harness for me. I carry binos, wind checker, cleaning cloth, and a call or two during archery. Same setup for rifle except I’ll throw a couple extra rounds in the front zipper pocket. And finally the rangefinder on the strap.

No Marsupial guys out there? I tried out the Marsupial harness and love it. I keep mine pretty light because I’m worried my string may contact in an out of position shot during archery season, also prone rifle shots can be uncomfortable with a huge harness for me. I carry binos, wind checker, cleaning cloth, and a call or two during archery. Same setup for rifle except I’ll throw a couple extra rounds in the front zipper pocket. And finally the rangefinder on the strap.

I wasn’t wild about the gap, but it was a close runner up.

Got one of these in today, doing a trial run this evening whitetail hunting. Had gotten tired of how tough it was to constantly remove and then re-insert my binos in my AGC when sitting in a stand. I'm thinking I'll keep the AGC for out west where I'll be standing when I remove them or remove them for long periods to glass on a tripod and also offer the more protection from dust, but use the Marsupial for stand hunting here in the East where I can just leave it open and take the binos in and out easily and I don't have a need to have a bunch of little gear stuffed in it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back