Bino Chest Harness - Dump

Got one of these in today, doing a trial run this evening whitetail hunting. Had gotten tired of how tough it was to constantly remove and then re-insert my binos in my AGC when sitting in a stand. I'm thinking I'll keep the AGC for out west where I'll be standing when I remove them or remove them for long periods to glass on a tripod and also offer the more protection from dust, but use the Marsupial for stand hunting here in the East where I can just leave it open and take the binos in and out easily and I don't have a need to have a bunch of little gear stuffed in it.

Follow-up - the Marsupial is an excellent design IMO. Perfect for treestand hunting so you can sit there with binos and rangefinder easily accessible. I also got a the zippered ouch and stuffed all the crap I had in my AGC in there, so in theory it would also work my style of western hunting. Only hold up is how dusty it is in CO and the open design of the Marsupial. Thinking I could run my tether strap through my eyepiece covers and be fine in that regard when traveling between glassing spots though.

FHF Pro M harness:
  1. BX-4 binos w/optics pen
  2. Tags w/sharpie
  3. Medicated chapstick
  4. Wind checker
  5. 2 rounds
  6. Phone
  7. Truck Key
Attached via loop:
  1. FHF rangefinder case w/rangefinder
  2. Blaze orange strap cushion
  3. Bear spray, if needed.

Not quite as much as you but this list is ever-changing and evolving.

AGC KISS max

Binos
Rangefinder
Wind checker
Inreach mini
Permits
4 or 5 diaphragms
Some afternoons I will have a headlamp and havalon

I’ve been researching good and secure ways to carry a couple extra rounds and came upon this thread. Figured I might as well add my pictures to it. So far I’ve been carrying them up front in my Maruspial pouch, but I worry that the polymer-tips will soon poke through. Thinking about the FHF Ammo Sleeve but I’ll probably try to make my own before I buy one. Seems a bit expensive for what it is, but I bet it’s well made!

Anyways, my enclosed pouch has been set up this way for the past two seasons now and hasn’t really changed.

Attachments

• 44B0B17B-F3E2-46C8-9E17-A27796D95B30.jpeg
    44B0B17B-F3E2-46C8-9E17-A27796D95B30.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • BBC92CEF-12A3-476F-92FF-3CC0E9ACD778.jpeg
    BBC92CEF-12A3-476F-92FF-3CC0E9ACD778.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
You guys are packing a lot of stuff around in those things....

For me,
-Rick Young harness
-Rick Young neoprene cover
-Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42

That's it, everything else goes in my pack. I try to never, ever, ever, get separated from my backpack.

I’ve been researching good and secure ways to carry a couple extra rounds and came upon this thread. Figured I might as well add my pictures to it. So far I’ve been carrying them up front in my Maruspial pouch, but I worry that the polymer-tips will soon poke through. Thinking about the FHF Ammo Sleeve but I’ll probably try to make my own before I buy one. Seems a bit expensive for what it is, but I bet it’s well made!

Anyways, my enclosed pouch has been set up this way for the past two seasons now and hasn’t really changed.
I have an idea for you and can post a pic later. Have you ever bought norma ammunition, the plastic in those boxes is awesome.

Bino bro by OPW.

Zeiss 10x42
Lens cloth
Predator call

Everything else is in my pack or vest. The bino bro is even comfortable with my Ruger 44 underneath it.

That looks like what I would carry in the 90's 6 or 8 miles into the Frank. Only I did it in a big ol fanny pack.
I just have
Binos
Wind check
Lense cloth
In my boob pack

Marsupial. Med. 10x42 Zeiss. Rangerfinder Leica in side pocket w/strap. American made.
Lense cleaner. Compass. Small clip on types.
Minimal crap on my chest.

Ammo and a knife on my belt. Everything else goes in the PACK on my back. Or in pockets, handy.

wind checker, optics brush, inreach mini and maybe diaphram call(s), binos and velcro attached range finder.

But I use an older kuiu harness I dont really like and that has almost no storage other than small sleeves on the sides big enough for wind checker bottle.

Very rare for me to drop the pack when hunting solo. Arrowed enough critters with opack on to realize there is usually no need to drop it.

Spot and stalk antelope often that requires getting lower than a snake, I use a micro size pack instead on my SG otherwise I’d be dropping the pack.

Last edited:
View attachment 261253
They break off into sets of five. If you want less just take the dremmel to it. The rounds do not move at all. Best retention I’ve ever seen in a factory box due to the little tabs you can see at the bottom
You can find these same shell holders in some boxes of nosler custom as well. I kept them for the same reason. They're awesome!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back