Bino Adapter for tripod

NVDesertHunter

I lost my binocular adapter last season while switching from my binoculars to spotter while confirming a hog cresting over a ridge at last light. I was using the Vortex adapter and never really liked it because it wouldn't fit inside my binocular harness while still attached to the binocular.

Has anyone found a low profile adapter that can fit inside a binocular harness while still attached? Id even settle for a quick detachable adapter so Im not wasting time screwing the adapter on and off every time I need it.

thanks

I use this one and can have it on or off in about 2 seconds. Rock solid too.

I leave it attached to a plate base and just remove the base from the tripod and then remove the adapter from the binos.

Outdoorsman Adapter is awesome! You need to purchase the correct stud for your binos also.

Why would you want your adapter to stay on your binos? I don't know of one small enough that wouldn't be really annoying. Seriously, check out the Outdoorsman's adapter.

Outdoorsman's is the best out there, but pricey. I went with the Field Optics one. Seems like when I got it the price was sub $20. I see they came out with a new one and it is about double the price. I don't think there is an adapter you can leave on the binoculars. I often leave mine on the tripod since I don't use a spotter much but frequently glass from my tripod.

I'm going to take a pretty serious look at the new field optics research adapter. Sounds like they made some great improvements over the first gen. That said, there aren't hardly any negative reviews from the outdoorsmans setup, other than the price.

Thanks everyone, going with the Outsdoorsman short binocular adapter. Using that with the Sirui VA-5 tripod head should be a rock solid set-up.

Good call. It’s not a cheap option, but the ability to install the stud into the binos and then just turn the knob and take them on and off the head in mere seconds is really nice.

I've been bouncing between the Field Optics Research adapter on my chest binos, and the Vortex Uni-adapter on my 15s, it's kind of a toss up between them as to which I prefer. I think if I had to do it again, I woulda/shoulda just got the Outdoorsmans adapter and a pair of studs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back