Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Billings MT Scroundrel :(

IEATELK

Well after hunting archery opener south of Bozeman, and not having any vocal elk, we decided to pack up and save vaction days for the "screamin" days. Headed home (west) and stopped in Billings for a steak dinner and a warm bed at a family memebers house. Woke up the next morning feeling resfreshed and also noticing my hunting pack was stole out of my pickup. Not sure what possed someone to take something that they are not entitled to. Out of allll the gear we had- my cousins included they only took my pack with all my nick-nacks in it. They had access to our wallets,cash, pistols, bows,arrows, and my cousins pack full of gear. Note that my pack was the lightest also. Thank the good lord i decided to remove my swaro binos and pistol from my pack!!!!!! All in all it could have been worse. They got away with a kuiu icon pro 5200 - range finder, knives, bear spray, 2 releases, alll my food for a week, jet boil, garmin rino 650, my tags, so on and so forth... They must have jimmyed the lock or somthing. We stayed on the north west side of Billings in a clean wealthy community next to the golf course. Im kinda dumb founded. Thinking it just might be a bum that needed a good pack...? Hes prob rolling in style as we speak. Anyway i thought i would throw this out to everyone.. I know its a long shot but word of mouth can be your friend. Any info or anything that could help me get my things back would be appreciated and not go unnoticed!

Maybe a car came by or something and they grabbed the first thing. Do report it - they often catch the person.

Sorry to hear about that. I agree, you need to report the crime.

sorry about that man! I always lock my stuff up no matter, kinda sad that we have to do that...

North-west side of Billings in a wealthy neighborhood, near a golf course. Are you talking about the Yellowstone Country Club area? Regardless that's too bad.

Sorry man, that's not how a hunting trip should go. Hopefully they can find the guy and you can get your stuff back.

Are you sure you did not leave it on the mountain? If someone spends the time to " jimmy the lock" they are not going to steal only one pack.

Same thing happened to me two years ago. They took my wallet, laptop, iPad and so on. This was on huckleberry st which is north west side of town. I think they are on foot so its what ever they can carry on their back. Bastards. Lesson learned. I remove everything from my vehicle regardless.

Are you sure you did not leave it on the mountain? If someone spends the time to " jimmy the lock" they are not going to steal only one pack.

I kinda wondered the same thing. Maybe they left it by the tire and never put it in the truck. or it fell out?

Then again, who leaves thousands of dollars of equipment in a truck in a driveway or on the street. I for one would have at least pulled it all out and put in in the garage. Saving a little extra time leaving in the AM was not to his benefit this time :)

are you sure you put the bag in the truck? if its the only thing missing are you sure it aint near a parking spot in the woods where you left it? if stolen that sucks...

C

Had a similar thing happen to a friend two years ago in Bozeman, they broke his window and took his pack, rifle, pistol, binos, can't remember exactly what else, his insurance was really good about paying replacement cost right down to the littlest stuff.

Thanks for all the replys fellas... I did report it. No word yet. Called every pawn shop in town. I did NOT leave her at the trail head. I drove outa there looking in my rear view and not being able to see from all of our gear! On a good note. I contacted my ins. company, and they are going to cover everything under my home owners policy. Love farmers union! Gearing back up this week for WY deer/elk trip starting next week. Hoping for a good turn out... Lesson learned is right. Maybe this experience will help someone else!

Sorry that happened to you. I live close to the golf course I think you were by and my neighbor had an equalizer hitch stolen off of their pull-behind in their driveway last week. Their were people inside the pull behind with the lights on when it happened. They went outside to see what was going on and saw a truck towing another truck pull off. When the truck saw them it picked up speed and took off down the road.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back