Billings, MT hunting group / partner

KennyMT

Hey all, I'm looking for people or a group to Archery hunt Elk with around the Billings area. I have a few weeks off coming up and would rather go with people vs alone. My plan was to go camp for 5 days or so but it doesn't really matter. Im looking at hunting The Snowies, little Snowies, some areas around Round Up and a little east too. Im not limited to just those locations, those are areas that i have researched.

Thanks!

Kenny

Hey Kenny, I live in Roundup and work in Billings, hunt the Little Snowies and east of Roundup quite alot. Tough hunting sometimes when
a bunch of people are out, but if you can call decent you can still get them in bow range. I may be interested in hunting with you if you haven't found somebody yet.
Mostly a weekend warrior this season but have been in range of elk both weeks so far, just no shot yet lol.
Don

Kenny … do you have the proper archery permits to bounce around in those area described. Just asking …

Good luck.

Hey all. I was about to make a new post in this forum when I stumbled onto this post.

I moved to Billings this spring after being in Missoula for 5 years. I'd be interested hunting with a partner or group of guys next year.

I'll setup a PM group chat to share stories from this year and get to know those that are interested. PM me or reply below if you want to be included.

Hey all. I was about to make a new post in this forum when I stumbled onto this post.

I moved to Billings this spring after being in Missoula for 5 years. I'd be interested hunting with a partner or group of guys next year.

I'll setup a PM group chat to share stories from this year and get to know those that are interested. PM me or reply below if you want to be included.
Shoot me a pm. I’m still figuring out my 2021 plans but am happy to share my thought process.

Looking to do a similar hunt in Montana. Hard to do alone. Tring to get away from using an outfitter.

Looking to do a similar hunt in Montana. Hard to do alone. Tring to get away from using an outfitter.
There is too much public land to have to resort to hiring an outfitter, a little E scouting and some info from a few locals can get you in a good area and save you a ton of $$$

I am in a similar situation. I'm from Billings but own a little property SE of Roundup. I have a camper and well on the property. It would make a good base camp if you do not want to go all the way back to Billings. I have checked out some of the State sections around there, but found them to be busy during rifle season. I'm wanting to get back into archery hunting. If anyone wants to get together for the 2022 season just let me know.

Back