• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.
Caribou Gear

Bighorns in the office (pic)

mtmiller

After a couple of good weeks of hunting, it was back to the office. Two days behind the computer was enough, so I hit the field today.

I happened to see some young rams so I attempted to get a little closer and check out the area.

Well the wind didn't cooperate, so I didn't get very good video. I was able to get a few shots as they ran off and thought I would share one.

mtmiller

Really like the camcorder. The video has been working great. I am surprised how well some of the stills turn out, although some shots turn out darker than I had hoped.

Bwana

Yet another awesome picture from mtmiller. Just so you know, even though I have no idea what you do, I want your job! I'm very envious to say the least.

As Ovis asked, what camera are you using. Our camcorder is on its last legs and with a new baby we need to replace it but I want to get one that can do the kind of stuff you are doing as well as taking video of the kids.

mtmiller

The camera is a Sony TRV-22. It was best for my budget, but the TRV-33 might take better stills. As Moosie recommended to me, check out some cameras and then see what is available at Ebay.

It does well on batteries and I get about 50 pictures (stills) or a minute of video on the memory stick (I can get larger sticks if needed). The regular tapes hold 60-90 minutes and though the quality is marginal, stills can be pulled from the tape. The tape video quality on the other hand has worked great.

Bwana-I work for you smilies/rolleyes.gif, I mean the BLM. smilies/wink.gif

AMK Sportsman

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barehunting