Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Bighorn Shoulder mount question....

Moosie

Grand poopa
Straight ? Semi Sneak ? Left ? Right ? (Hide is back and form needs ordering :D)

Lemme know what you think......

Any pictures of ones Mounted would be cool too. Thanx Fellas !!

I think (opinions vary) that a slight turn to either side looks best on these guys. Do you do your own work? That was pretty quick turn around on the hide it seemed.

plushbighornwall.jpg

I agree with AZ. I had a wall pedistal mount done on my '03 archery buck and love it. I will probably do the same on this years buck. I will see if I can find an example.

I can't find the forms example that I use to have, but here is my deer. It doesn't show what the back side looks like, but will give you an idea. I think it would make a great sheep mount. Even better if the sheep was mine. :p

P1030531.sized.jpg

By the way, I know the mount on the right looks like crap. I was a poor technician and went cheap. I will try not to make that mistake again.

Ped mount with a slight turn is my pick...also need to mount it off a piece of the log you did the waterfall dive on1

Have it mounted so that anyone walking into the room will feel like the ram is looking straight at them.

:cool:

Were in the Scrud would I put a Ped mount ? I also didn't bring enough Hide for the back of the mount although I could use Felt I guess....

Were in the Scrud would I put a Ped mount ? I also didn't bring enough Hide for the back of the mount although I could use Felt I guess....

On the wall. Easy enough to find some buck skin for the back of the pedistal, lots of options.

Y'all haven't seen Moosie's walls I take it. That boy is running out of room fast!

Something like this

Hey Moosie, If it's any help mine will look something like the edited photo below. The ears will probably be more visible on the mount. Later
untitled2.jpg

Don't use felt on the back of the mount....have somebody tool a mountain scene on some leather, for the back.......there's a guy here in ND, that has done quite a few pedestal mounts of whitetail like that, and they look awesome......I'll see if i can find you a pic.....

IMINRUT, I'd love to see a mount like that. Mine is Ready and I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do.

I guess I don't understand the Ped mount if I put it on the wall. Isn't a Ped mount on a pedistal (Hence the name ?!?!)

Rammin, yours will be a good mount then.. Although I hope the Mount will be a littel less grainy *WINK WINK*

Elkrack 6x6, I don't do my own work. I use a guy that doesn't post much on the board any more. Preston evans with Wild things taxidermy here in Nampa does all my stuff now.

the Hide was a quick turn around because I paid to have it rushed back. Now it's been back and I can't decide what I wanted. I wasgoing to have it in my Christmas Pictures in the Background, but now we'll see unless I can Decide....

If you got the room I think a mount something like the ram peeking out from behind a stiro boulder scene into the room so his eyes follow you wherever you go would be cool:cool:

Mooseman.....one of the mounts is at the Bismarck Scheels. I'll be going there sometime during the week, and I'll snap some pics for ya.......it really adds to the looks of a pedestal mount....

Moosie,

I sent you an email with my rocky bighorn wall pedestal mount and another with my desert sheep.

The images were a little too big to post here. Good luck on your choice. I had to have my rocky taken apart and remounted since the taxidermist screwed up the pose. :mad:

Later...
Desert Sheep

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back