Big weather change coming to MT

elkocd

I may have put my MT archery hunt off too long! :( You guys think this winter weather coming next week will be enough to push the elk down?

Though I don’t think this will be enough snow to move elk from one region to another, it is looking more likely that this will be a legit snowstorm.

I predict a fair amount of unprepared bow hunters turning tail and/or getting their vehicles stuck on roads that are typically closed during rifle season.

The predictions for the mountain passes give a clue to the possibilities for the the mountains. It’s worth remembering that passes are low spots in piles of mountains.
5C6BF2F8-4991-47CB-B4E9-6F6B0EE6851E.jpeg

Hopefully it’s not a super wet fall out there . Last two falls the middle of November has been wetter than heck when we’ve been there . Roads horrible and everything just a mess . I like 20s for highs and 0-10 at night when I’m hunting but that’s just me

Hopefully it’s not a super wet fall out there . Last two falls the middle of November has been wetter than heck when we’ve been there . Roads horrible and everything just a mess . I like 20s for highs and 0-10 at night when I’m hunting but that’s just me
It's been raining off and on all September so far, I've seen standing water in spots that I haven't seen before, and it's been green all summer long. Which I'm thankful for, cause we really didn't have a fire season to speak of.

It’s been super wet all summer. We’ve had flood advisories up here off and on all September. Roads are trashed already. I think it’s going to be an extra challenging season for getting around.

I’d make sure you have everything fueled up and be prepared for power outages. When storms hit like this and the trees are leafed out it gets ugly for the utilities.
A few Octobers back we had a storm like this. Two feet plus of heavy wet snow flakes the size of half dollars falling straight down. So quiet you could almost hear the flakes hitting the ground. The only sound was the sound of the tree branches breaking. Sounded a lot like rife shots. It was really eerie. The power was out for days.

It’s practically summer here right now. Not that much snow with a nice solid base layer of ice (drifts building though). The wind has been too strong to let the snow just sit. The power hasn’t been out much yet either.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back