Caribou Gear Tarp

Big Three Workout Schedule

freu1chr

I am wondering what all of you do for a workout plan and schedule to get into sheep shape? I work outside walking 10-15 Miles a day with my job but its all flat land walking. I know i need to do some endurance workout but what else do you do to prepare?

honestly, stair climbers and squats. an hour a day. 45 minutes and 15 minutes each respectively. no breaks.

i'm a broken record on that. IMO it's all i need when daily road biking on long steep roads for an hour or two, or long steep hikes/trail runs for at least a half hour to an hour daily aren't an option.

and lay off the processed carbs

and if you do the stair climber, keep your gawddamn hands off the rails. don't be a nanny and get a real workout.

Last edited:
I am wondering what all of you do for a workout plan and schedule to get into sheep shape? I work outside walking 10-15 Miles a day with my job but its all flat land walking. I know i need to do some endurance workout but what else do you do to prepare?
Throw all your camping gear, spotter tripod, etc into your backpack. Add 12-18 frozen cans of high octane beer (so they don’t bust inside your pack). And go scouting where your sheep live, every weekend, for 5 months. You’ll be a finely tuned machine, with a smile on your face.

sheep scouting every weekend in minnesota be like

L9Ef7fHvh93FEcGnec6dc5XCwDaps_MNEx4dyA9fUgRmu15uRMRezIi9xaFCYrIwq6bEWASzLICjhxHFFjotDFkhFPeG94L6Qzb1n23Qhucc8cP4KK3e2Mr-B0FqCirpwga4KJU884E2aC828C5v3DI

Last edited:
honestly, stair climbers and squats. an hour a day. 45 minutes and 15 minutes each respectively. no breaks.

i'm a broken record on that. IMO it's all i need when daily road biking on long steep roads for an hour or two, or long steep hikes/trail runs for at least a half hour to an hour daily aren't an option.

and lay off the processed carbs

and if you do the stair climber, keep your gawddamn hands off the rails. don't be a nanny and get a real workout.
sliding scale in my book:
2 stair climber steps are = to 1 stationary stair
2 stationary stairs = 1 step up a mountain in uneven terrain w/ a pack on.
do what you have access to
ymmv

sliding scale in my book:
2 stair climber steps are = to 1 stationary stair
2 stationary stairs = 1 step up a mountain in uneven terrain w/ a pack on.
do what you have access to
ymmv

exactly, what can you realistically do every day while also having a job and other life demands.

i like to keep it simple: how many watts can i put out for how long, or how high can i keep my heart rate for how long, and by what means am i putting out those watts or increasing my heart rate, eg. my legs + elevation.

all i want is a very efficient combination of heart and lungs and strong legs. to me the means to that is just preference and what's available to you.

I like a mix of everything mentioned above. Living in Jordan MN you at least have some hills/river bluffs nearby. Have a light pack of 20-30 lbs when hiking hills is great.

I have found reverse lunges to put less pressure on the knees and activate the glutes more. Which also helps with low back tightness/pain. Mix them into a HIIT workout.

And just saw this video yesterday on deficit reverse lunges:

Throw all your camping gear, spotter tripod, etc into your backpack. Add 12-18 frozen cans of high octane beer (so they don’t bust inside your pack). And go scouting where your sheep live, every weekend, for 5 months. You’ll be a finely tuned machine, with a smile on your face.
Sounds like a great weight loss program ;)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back