Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Big Three Workout Schedule

I am wondering what all of you do for a workout plan and schedule to get into sheep shape? I work outside walking 10-15 Miles a day with my job but its all flat land walking. I know i need to do some endurance workout but what else do you do to prepare?
I’m an eastern flat lander. My house sits at 515 ft. above sea level. I can hike plenty here in my state but we just don’t have the altitude for it to really condition you for the Rocky Mountains. With that being said I dropped 35 + lbs with something between carnivore and keto diet and running daily and when I went back into the Beartooths last month I could tell a big difference from last year.

What do you guys listen to while working out?
I get a little tired of talkie podcasts and slow talkers are even worse.

I gotta have music. Whatever pumps me up and trips my trigger that day.

For anyone getting serious about "sheep shape" - remember the food you eat is more important than the workout!

For anyone getting serious about "sheep shape" - remember the food you eat is more important than the workout!

Nah.

You can be in great shape and eat horribly.

But you can’t eat horribly and be healthy.

You can be in shape and not be very healthy.

In shape not equal to healthy.

What do you guys listen to while working out?
I get a little tired of talkie podcasts and slow talkers are even worse.
My go to is all the angry music I listened to in high school. Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana, NWA, Slayer, Pantera, etc.

I’m like you, I can’t do podcasts. I need some intensity in my ears.

I watched a pretty good video the other day with Jason Harrison in it he was talking about the studies they did on how hard no pack to 40# to 60# and I think maybe 80# was crazy how much harder it is in you. He talked about how he switched from running to interval training sets of 8 with a minute break kinda stuff and it made a huge difference how it pushes the cardio aspect

I listened to my wife’s playlist this morning, she listens to “aggressive Celtic fast folk rock” according to google.

I ran extra miles but I had a strong urge to head to a brewery to drink beer. urge was suppressible at 7am I fear it would not be if working out at 5pm.

I keep trolling for playlists if anyone has a favorite up tempo recommendation.

For anyone interested my wife’s playlist was The Town Pants.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back