Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Big ol Burban?

Where’s it coming from?
When I have the title, I will fill you guys in. It’s not at the level of the one I sent you by your place. This guy focused more on mechanical than cosmetic. A 33 year old vehicle without a drop of oil or grease showing anywhere. In the last 4 years he went thru 90% of the mechanical. It just showed dust and a little dirt from driving.

Last edited:
Luck ran out, when the time for proof of ownership came up he ghosted me.

The vehicle actually exists. We were able to do a video call and look at it.

There were some orange flags but I had a third party able to take physical possession of it and the title in their impound lot. It could spend the next few days secured there until the shipper picked it up. He was set to be paid electronically as soon as they had possession.

Ghosted, on to the next one.

With Cognito parts doubt you'll find anything an IFS won't handle. I know of a 2500 with the 8.1 for about 5K. mtmuley
I looked at a 96 and 03 so far. For what they are worth I just don’t see the value. Space, ground clearance, and simplicity has more value in a square body.

I looked at a 96 and 03 so far. For what they are worth I just don’t see the value. Space, ground clearance, and simplicity has more value in a square body.
Funny you said that. I've been under my 2003 and 1986 this weekend. I understand. mtmuley

Nothing I can see around here of the older vintage but a couple 2 wheel drive versions.

Nothing I can see around here of the older vintage but a couple 2 wheel drive versions.
There is a lot of very clean 2wd pretty close. I’ve considered swapping bodies on one. I’ve seen complete drivetrain/frame for less than a grand. However not having a hoist makes those challenging.

I’ve got two I’ve in communication with. One basket case and one not so basket case but both good LS swap contenders.

It amazes me how many sellers don’t realize the odometer resets at 100,000 miles on 90 or older chevys. There are some ridiculously priced units. 17,000 original miles, true survivor, as good as it gets… only $32,500!

You look at the pics and see it’s been repainted. There is orange peeling on the rockers and door sill. Whoops, someone didn’t clean up the solvent when they replaced the rockers before they painted. Interior looks like it may have 200-300k. Yep, true survivor there…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back