Big kitty controversy to start in WI?

Two years ago we had multiple different party's trailcams spot a cat in our greater valley (iowa, cross the river from wisco few miles for perspective) different locations. Though no great photos, enough to convince a jury it's a cat, the same cat, and not the barn variety.

Our valley is a mixture of livestock/crop farms, hobby farms (horses, sheep etc) and families on acreage.

We all had the same consensus- shoot shovel and shut up.

Darn thing stopped showing up on cameras shortly thereafter and someone's keeping to their S's. Good on 'em.

Some animals deserve to be put down, times new Roman or not, is what I'm getting at

We never have had nor never will have big cats in the back country. People that reported sightings don't know what they are actually seeing.
I'm just going to quote this, posterity sake and all.

Is this like "birds aren't real and bees can't fly"?

TF are you talking about?

Two years ago we had multiple different party's trailcams spot a cat in our greater valley (iowa, cross the river from wisco few miles for perspective) different locations. Though no great photos, enough to convince a jury it's a cat, the same cat, and not the barn variety.

Our valley is a mixture of livestock/crop farms, hobby farms (horses, sheep etc) and families on acreage.

We all had the same consensus- shoot shovel and shut up.

Darn thing stopped showing up on cameras shortly thereafter and someone's keeping to their S's. Good on 'em.

Some animals deserve to be put down, times new Roman or not, is what I'm getting at
Can you explain exactly why it’s so important that a mountain lion in Iowa needs to be killed?

Last edited:
Can you explain exactly why a mountain lion in Wisconsin needs to be illegally killed?
You want rhetoric or serious?

Rhetoric- if it's illegal, but punishable by a fine, it's legal for a fee.

Serious- if a predator wants to encroach, the predator will be put down, and I don't need permission for that. Be it a farm dog or a cougar or a horse or a bear going near livestock, hobbystock or good stock.

Big cats can cause problems. We don't like problems. Sometimes you have to plan ahead not to have any problems.
Ahh. Head nod, got ya. I retract my sarcasm.

You want rhetoric or serious?

Rhetoric- if it's illegal, but punishable by a fine, it's legal for a fee.

Serious- if a predator wants to encroach, the predator will be put down, and I don't need permission for that. Be it a farm dog or a cougar or a horse or a bear going near livestock, hobbystock or good stock.

Ahh. Head nod, got ya. I retract my sarcasm.
Got it. Mountain lions are killing livestock in Iowa. I hadn’t heard about that problem.

Got it. Mountain lions are killing livestock in Iowa. I hadn’t heard about that problem.
So far it seems you are reading and hearing how you want it to sound.

Much like the neighbors red heeler that was causing everyone issues, it was time.

Let me propose this, in iowa, it's illegal to kill a rattle snake, UNLESS it's within 50' of occupied buildings or some such thing. You curious why? The risk it may pose is greater than the threat to its species if it dies (id imagine). And if some biologist or ivory tower professor claimed otherwise, it's still being put down.

Back on topic, good on the wisco hunter for putting down a predator, glad he didn't wait for politicians or bureaucrats to shoo it away or give 'permission'

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back