Big Horn Mtn Pronghorn

WVPackHunter

If my elk tags don't pan out in 2016, I am thinking I may try an antelope hunt in the same region. Does anyone have any experience with antelope in the Big Horn area of WY (units 78, 79, etc.)? How many buck/doe tags can you get? Are there ever any left-over tags?

No left overs for that side of the Big Horns. The other side, yes, often lots of left overs.

All you need to do is go onto the G&F website and look at the draw odds for 2015 to see what the chances were for drawing a tag in each unit using PPs and in the Random Draw that doesn't use any. By looking at the Random Draw odds you'll see if there were still any tags left after all the applicants that applied weer satisfied and if there were that they then go as leftovers on a first come first serve basis online in July.

VERY limited public land opportunities on the east side of the Big Horns. Cant speak to the west side.

Hey guys. My elk tags did not come through, so I have been concentrating on pronghorn plans. I need help narrowing my choices. Anyone have experience with Units 18, 51, 26, or 45? As a party we have 2 points. I would use 17 as a second or third choice to make certain we get a tag. Been using the goHunt service, which is awesome, but nothing beats first-hand experience.

Appreciate the help!

Back