Big Granddaddy

Where this guy is a compound bow is only legal way of taking him. Going to be a challenge if I find him considering there is no natural cover.

He is a Beauty. No Brainer to pull the trigger.

On Trophy size though Generally the Biggest Pronghorn bucks are 3....

Elk tend to peak antler development at age 8 to 10, about 2 to 3 years after they peak body mass (Figure 2). Mule deer will peak antler mass at age 5 to 7, again 2 to 3 years after peaking body mass. All will begin to lose antler configuration after the peak ages, although mass may remain high. The exception to this is pronghorn, which often peak prong development as early as age 3.

He is a Beauty. No Brainer to pull the trigger.

On Trophy size though Generally the Biggest Pronghorn bucks are 3....

I am primarily a meat hunter. However, I will not say no given the opportunity to shoot a trophy. I keep my Type I tag unless I see the one I want to shoot until December then I use it on any descent size antelope buck or doe..

As for guided hunts, you would not likely see me paying that kind of money to do what I can do myself. I will only do guided hunts on the once in a lifetime hunts I kinda dream of taking but for big game like elk, deer, antelope and moose, I prefer DIY hunts. I have tried guided hunts before and just don't see the value in it.

Is that a recent pic? I haven't seen anything with prongs up near that high yet.

This was A
Is that a recent pic? I haven't seen anything with prongs up near that high yet.

Last years picture. I believe this was in July. I see him now and then just south of where my hunting area is. Them horns are regrowing fairly fast.

Base where this guy lives is closed to retirees for the moment due to COVID-19 but I still can ride the roads along the fence outside the base. So not going to say where I am seeing him because I believe a few in here probably hunt on base. So few have access where he is at that I should have a reasonable shot at him if I can keep track of where he is hanging. He is pretty easy to pick out because if you notice, he has unique spots on his neck and a few other spots. If you notice, this guy had to of been in some really good skirmishes. Where is his left prong? LOL

Last edited:
Show uis a photo of how he is looking this year.

Hawkeye

As soon as they open up the base and I can view him without a fence in the way. As is, it's glances at him before he sneaks over the hill. He's one spooky goat that will be a tough one. And positioning behind chain link fence is not the best way to get photos.

Look closely when he turns around, I think my names already on his rump. You are welcome to gawk though :)

Nice goat!

I will admit to one thing though, that if I manage to shoot this guy with my bow in August, I am not likely to have dry drawers. LOL

Aw heck I see telephone poles in the back ground. Plenty of cover. Stay slim.

There are some rolling hills, a few marshy depressions (which I will use if dry then) and ditches I am going to hide in along with some hay bale blinds the base NR section put up. I also have a blind I am going to attempt to use on him. Blinds on base suck because you have to take them down at night.

Back