Yeti GOBOX Collection

BIG GAME STORY CONTEST!

B

bcat

Ok guys heres your chance to tell your favorite Big Game story, and the winner I will try to get published in a hunting magazine somewhere! No promises but I will try. I know we have some writers out there and I know some of you have been all over the world hunting Big Game of some kind or another. Doesnt matter what kind of Big Game it is Tell us the story! We'll get Moosie to pick the winner. Post your story under its own topic, maybe well take a vote amoung the members of the forum! You have all read stories in Outdooor life and some other magazines! Invision yourself telling your story!!! Lets hear em guys! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

I think this is a good idea....example of new topic would include YOUR handle/screen-name and Hunting story ie.:-> Sparkman375's BigGame Hunting Story

Questions on rules? I got some...,
1) Winner has option of getting published or alternate prize (to be determined later, I'll contribute a prize)
1) Is it gotta be truthful? (This happened to me, sorta stuff! )
2) # of words requirement/limitation? (Magazines don't like novels, but short stories should be minimum 100 words....get creative, let it flow!) ie. the big, full bodied, tawny-colored, mass of a mountain cat...
3) SPELL checker Mandatory?
heh, heh....Sparkman

I'll ONE up on ya Sparkman... Lets have a deadline for this like in a month or two.... Someone pic the date?!?!

I won't Enter cuz I frigin REFUS to use da SPEL CHEque!!!
biggrin.gif

I will give the Winner a Huntalk.com Cap, A cammo Fanny pack and a 20$ gift certificate to outdoor outfitters store that We will have up and running after I get back from TEXAS and we will try to get it in a Magazine for puplishing. Moosie can Pull strings TOO!!! (OR BUY MY WAY IN!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
).... Sounds Good. Just shooting from the hip here.

ALSO I don't want the Responsibility of Voteing. We will let Each person on the Forum Send in a vote After ALL the posts are in and we will give an Email addy for the Private posting...

Let me know what you think. I will be back in a week and Go w/ whatever you decide!!! We should have a 2 story MAX entry and a Minimum of 30-40 Stories?!?!?!

NEED INPUT. Spark and Bcat...RUN WITH IT.. I have to get packing.. I am a slacker.. See ya soon!!!

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

Go for it Thumper, you have been almost everywhere hunting and you got some good stories! bcat PS LOVE THE PICS TOO!

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

We are getting a few entries here and I love it!!! I dont know if we can limit it to 100 words, some stories take longer than that!!! HEHEHE SPecially if ya put alot of fancy words in there to bring out the picture!! Not Too short not to long, limit two stories per person sounds good, and a vote from everyone when its done sounds good to me VERY DEMOCRATIC!!! Moosie are ya gonna vote!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Olefish-There are other people posting their stories in the Elk section! Doesnt matter to me as long as we know its an entry in the contest! Great story, and consider it entered!
biggrin.gif
bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Greenhorn -Ya should enter a couple stories in the contest!!!! You are a good writer and have lots of good stories to share !!! What ya got to loose? bcat
biggrin.gif

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

This aint fair!!!! My wife is a published writer and can make a story come to life with all of the flowery words. I, on the other hand, can barely write my name and I certainly can't write the way I wish I could. I read stories from people that have the God given talent to take me to that place and picture the scene. Sure wish I could do it.

What a gift!!! It's just as much talent as painting a picture. (I can't do that either.)

------------------
cros_anm.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back