DSCF1864.jpg

DSCF1865.jpg

DSCF1866.jpg

DSCF1868.jpg

House cat LOL

I have no idea, looks kinda like in the weasle family. but its fat
is it found in the US?

Delw

looks like a souped up squirrel---really though it's a longtailed shorteared wallaby---well it should be---chris

His name was Bob Katt. He lived around the corner from you Oscar. He was reported missing by his wife about 10 months ago.

Where did you find him?

:cool:

I think its a souped up muskrat with a lift kit!
Found only in the swamps of Idaho
hump.gif

...actually sutton is probably on target with
his springhare. Looks like likely fodder for the .223 or .22-250 though

f6e68b4b.jpg

Here is the Deal.... My Old taxidermist tanned my Texas blackbuck and Bear hide. It came in a little late (Like 3 years jsut for the tan... But thats another story).. He said his tanner guy was in Africa and shot these varmints with .22's and had a Slew of them and tanned them. He asked for one to give to me.

So.... Now I have a Tanned varmint from Africa I'm tryingto figure out what it is. The taxidermist didn't know but I might have him call the guy from the tannning place to get a NAme. But until then, I'm asking you guys, Sounds like you all know too :D

Kinda like a rabbit, chinchilla, rat, kangaroo, squirrel love fest prodigy? Must have been a blast (pun intended) anchoring a bunch of those little bastages with a rimfire though

Yep, its a springhare. I was bored, I looked it up.... the springhare, or Cape jumping hare, of the genus Pedetes is a large rodent, not a true hare, and is the sole member of the family Pedetidae. It has short front legs and long, powerful hind legs and, when frightened,jumps as a kangaroo. The springhare has a bushy tail as long as its body, which measures about 40 cm (16 in) in length. The rodent weighs about 3.5 kg (8 lb). Its coat is soft and tawny to reddish brown with white underparts. It digs burrows in sandy soil and, usually eating at night, consumes plants and insects.Springhares live in eastern and southern Africa.

Back