Big Game Rookie in Durham, NC

giani513

I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes to hunting deer. I've hunted rabbit with Beagles, and pheasant, but now I would like to learn how to hunt big game. I have lived in NC for 2 years and don't know anyone that hunts. If you are interested in a partner that you won't mind teaching, please let me know. I will learn quickly and pull my weight!

Welcome to the site!

I live a few to many hours north to be much help.

I believe there is a ton of Public land in NC however.

Good luck on your quest. Stick around and ask questions, 'hunting' in gerneral is pretty much the same anywhere. The biggest thing to learn is the state game laws.

Hey G,

I currently live in Concord, but lived in the Raleigh area for many years. I still make the treck east each year to do my deer hunting. You didn't mention if you were set on hunting locally, or able to drive a couple of hours. I can hook you up with a great guy in Halifax county that offers Day Hunts for $60. He'll take you out to a good stand, on his private property, and then it's up to you! He'll also help track and haul out your deer.Tons of deer, but don't expect a monster. There is a well equipped cleaning shed, and a an old trailer for overnights if you want.(no charge)

If you want ot try the local public lands, I can steer you to some of the better areas, but expect lots of company.

Welcome to the site. I work in Durham and live in Orange County. I've been down here for 4 years. I sent you a PM.

I live in montgomery county (about 2 hours southwest) and have hunted for about 20 years. I am retired so I spend alot of time hunting and fishing.

Nic

nicfromlizardlick...the guy who started this thread hasn't been here since he posted this.

But...welcome to Hunttalk...great bunch of folk post here...just jump right on in! ;)

I also live in Concord and you will be hard pressed to find anyone in Durham (liberal college City) who hunts. First thing to do is MOVE! It is hard even though we do have tons of public land it is full of yahoos but then again I have kill a few deer on them. All were over a mile from the truck.
Hope you find someone closer to you to help and good luck!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back