Big Fin

Bigbuckkiller

Last night i was watching a bear hunt of yours. You had shot a bear and you followed it and never found it. Many people i know would have just moved on and went and shot another bear but you didnt. This impressed me very much and i admire you for it. I am a very young hunter but i still know how bad of a feeling that had to be. I just thought i would let you know how much i look up to you and that i admire you alot.

Collin,
From Colorado.

If you learn from Big Fin, you are learning the right way. Even though I have never met him I too have watched his show and was impressed. And I have been hunting for over 30 years.

John

BBK - Thank you for those kind comments. It was a terrible feeling. Like I posted on the Live Hunt thread, the bear deserved better. Months of practice, rehearsing the shot for ten minutes prior as I waited for him to stand, knowing my rifle and load intimately, and still there was that terrible outcome.

I hope we did a good job of capturing that feeling some may have unfortunately experienced. You are correct that some would just move on and find another one. To me, I have always punched my tag in an instance like that. I view my tag as the chance to hit an animal, putting responsibility on me to take him home if I do hit him, rather than a chance to hit as many as needed before making a good enough shot to take one home.

I will admit to being worried that some would hammer me for showing the side of hunting we don't like to see or talk about. So far, it is has been 100% positive, for which I am thankful.

Thanks to all of you who support us to such a great level. It gives us confidence that there are plenty of hunters out there who want to see a different message.

Is it illegal for a nonresident in AK to continue hunting black bears if you wound one? I think that is what got Ted. I admire you Randy for not breaking the lawl on national TV.

I have had the privilege of meeting Randy, and he is a top notch class act. Wasn't a bit surprised when I watched the episode and the outcome. I spend a lot of time watching hunting shows on TV and it gets harder and harder to watch them anymore. There are a select few I will watch time and time again, and OYOA is one that I can watch episodes time after time and they never get old. Thanks to Randy and OYOA for putting together a show that does show a different message.

agreed That was a class act... That shot sure looked solid as well I guess if you were hunting whitetails behind the big fences and it was like 95 deg. out the thing to do would of been To "just back out till mornin and come back and get him" lol. Its a sick feeling ive been lucky myself but remember an elk dad shot when i was young He shot it early in the morning and we looked all day and the next and the next. till the season was over... He saw lots of other elk but felt he had drawn blood and his tag was used up we never did find the bull but it really put it in my head the right thing to do

Is it illegal for a nonresident in AK to continue hunting black bears if you wound one? I think that is what got Ted. I admire you Randy for not breaking the lawl on national TV.

I believe there is just that one area in AK where ted was hunting that has that rule that you're done if you draw blood, but don't recover the bear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back