Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Big Buck Photo!

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what unit in AZ this buck was taken? I don't know personally, but I heard some rumors. The only thing you can really go on is the big tree in the background unless you know something I don't.
New.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-27-2003 16:25: Message edited by: Omen ]</font>

I would guess that it is in either Unit 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8,9 or 10. It looks like that country west of Bill Williams Mountian. It also looks like anyone of several areas In Unit 6, or the Anderson Mesa area in 5B north, or the area around Greene's Peak in Unit 1. What that all boils down to is I don't have a clue....

cool.gif

You're killin' me Delw, you're teasin' me. Must....see.......pictures. I hate antelope havin' small horns...tell them to grow faster so I can go and find some big ones. I go now and all I find are small ones. Miniature horns, but soon to be big.

Holy crotch crickets! These pictures are friggin unreal.. Not your normal trophy antelopes.. big ones on steroids!

I don't know diddly about where that Peterson dude killed that lope, but I'd guess 13A. Was it 2 seasons ago? But WTF do I know..

Omen.. here's some little MT buck pictures I uploaded. I used to think they were nice bucks.

http://www.huntandlodge.com/gallery/Antelope-Hunting

I checked out your page and I am impressed. It's awesome. You've taken quite a few big bucks. I have a question about one of them...the AZ buck in 1997 - you said you killed him in 19AN, but I could swear I have video of that same buck on the East side of the Fain Road. Was that buck anywhere near the Fain Road? I'm thinking maybe he crossed the HW right there if it's the same buck. Do you have any other pics of him?

Petersen's buck I don't think was killed in 13A. At least not this particular buck. His 2001 buck was taken in 13A. This one I heard was taken in Unit 8. I also heard it was taken in Unit 10.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-02-2003 18:03: Message edited by: Omen ]</font>

Omen.. Since I don't intend on ever applying there again, and the draw odds are shitbad awful anyway, I don't see any reason not to tell you exactly where I killed it.

I took him on Tom Perkin's place, actually the state trust section about 5 miles east of his house. He watched me shoot it, and even helped me drag it to the road on a tarp. Tom & Marge are probably the nicest people I've ever met while on a hunting trip.

That's quite ways from the Fain Rd (9 miles), but not to say it couldn't have travelled that distance. This buck was within 3 sq. miles the whole time I was down there (7 days).

I'd love to see some video of him if you have it. If your sure it's him, I'll send you a VHS tape and pay for the shipping.

Well, dang it, now I'm not sure. That's a long way for an antelope to travel for no good reason. If you have any other pictures I could make a better judgment.

I've scouted Perkin's place in the past so you weren't giving anything away. At least not to me. I wouldn't apply for 19AN anyway. Too many houses, too much private land, and "shitbad awful" draw odds.

Omen, give me an email address and I'll send you some other pictures of him. Thought I agree that's a long ways for a lope to travel. What time of the year did you see what might have been this buck near the Fain Road?

I thought 19AN was a pain when I was there, especially on the south side, over near that Fain Rd. I'd guess that subdivision has since grown. Strange to see such big antelope so close to towns.

Omen,

Here's the landowner and a friend, just after I took the buck. Hope you have some video of it. Let me know.

1997_Perkins_with_my_lope.jpg

Thanks for posting another picture. I viewed the footage of the buck I filmed, but unfortunately it's not the same buck. The one I filmed is almost idetical, but he's narrower than your buck. If I ever find a way to get a picture off the video I'll post it so you can see how similar they are.

For now, to pass the time...take a look at this buck...

BigBuck.jpg

What do you guys think?

Okay, this is my last post until someone else can post one bigger(or at least close).

JohnsSideView2.jpg

cjcj,
It's not 12B and it's not MY hand. I wish it were my hand. I don't have a buck that big, yet.

Omen those are some nice pics... now your going to make me post some pics... They look nothing like the toads you and greeny posted though....

Was that buck taken about 9-10 years ago( the one with someones hand in it). it looks pretty familiar Ive seen a buck like that(tell by the way it hooks) over in unit 10 by seligman.....

Delw

That buck was taken in 2001.

One thing to note on that buck is it's length. It's hard to tell from the picture, but both horns are right at 19-4/8 inches long.

Did you see the buck in Unit 10 recently, or did you see it 9 or 10 years ago?

Yep, it's your turn to post some pics. It's okay if the buck's in your pics aren't quite as big - just make sure they're close(haha). [Note: all the pictures I've posted have been of bucks that gross score or would gross score over 90 inches. I'll try my best to keep it that way. I would say net score, but that would make it harder.)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-11-2003 11:08: Message edited by: Omen ]</font>

No the buck I saw like that was when my daughter was first born in 1990... so that might be the same one... if my unit/location was correct....Most of the pics I have are on video tape so screen shots kinda suck but the vid tape Is awsum.....

I think I have a few on film from years ago even the one I was talking about near seligman... only problem being I never got the film developed yet.... HAHA I have over 40 roles of film in the fridge from the last 18 year....

Delw

Goodness. You need to get that film developed. There might be a surprise waitin' for you.

It's okay if the screen shots suck, I'd love to see 'em. Maybe I can get some screen shots up soon. Wait a minute...you first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back