Big Agnes question?

nwihunter

Do any of you use a Big Agnes tent with the mountain glo feature? Just wondering if you like it, does seem durable, is it worth the extra money? I have a small clip on light that hangs from the top of my tent now but thought this feature might be better.

I bought the mt glow lights for my MSR tent.

I would give them a mixed review 3/5... they are easy to set up and they provide some ambient light, but they aren't bright enough that they can replace a headlamp for putting on contacts, reading a book, etc. That said they are great when you are rolling up your pad and stuffing your bag predawn, or if you finding your tent if you make camp, turn them on and then climb a ridge to glass till dark.

I don't always bring them hunting because they are just a luxury and extra weight, so if I'm going in far they stay at home.

I bought the mt glow lights for my MSR tent.

I would give them a mixed review 3/5... they are easy to set up and they provide some ambient light, but they aren't bright enough that they can replace a headlamp for putting on contacts, reading a book, etc. That said they are great when you are rolling up your pad and stuffing your bag predawn, or if you finding your tent if you make camp, turn them on and then climb a ridge to glass till dark.

I don't always bring them hunting because they are just a luxury and extra weight, so if I'm going in far they stay at home.

^Good review. Been looking at these myself. Another thing that you could look into is a set of lights at Walmart. I don't typically go there, but I know that I saw some in my mom's Christmas decorations when I went home and they look nice. She said they were like $10. Basically a battery pack with a string of small LEDs attached to copper wires.

Back