bicep/shoulder workout

220yotekiller

I have been working out a lot more recently. I can't do many pushups because of a bad shoulder and my elbow snap, crackles, and pops like a bowl of rice krispy treats, good time as a dumb teenager.
Any of you have any decent bicep/shoulder workouts that arn't murder on the joints?

Best bet is probably to do multi joint lifts that target those areas in addition to others to avoid putting all the stress on the single joint. Think overhead presses, assisted dips, and incline bench for shoulders and row variations for biceps.

I think that if you overdo it your body will just spend all its resources repairing those problem areas and you'll never actually recover and build strength. I second the band work and couple that with a good mobility routine to get those muscles healed. Possibly physical therapy as mentioned above.

Check out some of the Mindpump programs. MAPS15 and MAPS prime would be good starter programs to build strength in those areas.

I know from experience that those shoulder injuries are a real bitch to fix...

I have been working out a lot more recently. I can't do many pushups because of a bad shoulder and my elbow snap, crackles, and pops like a bowl of rice krispy treats, good time as a dumb teenager.
Any of you have any decent bicep/shoulder workouts that arn't murder on the joints?
Hopefully the injury issue has already been diagnosed. I like to pre-exhaust and do the compound lift either in the middle of (or at the end of), the session. It helps me feel the muscle work better, along with being able to use a lighter weight to reach fatigue. For example, on shoulders, I like to start w/rear delts, move around to side delts, then move around to the front delts. I like to get on the smith machine and do seated overhead presses last. I also like static holds. If you grab a D-handle on a weight stack for lateral delt raises, lighten up the weight from what you'd normally use for 10-12 raises, raise the handle up like you're doing a rep and hold it there horizontally (do a static hold for 10-15 secs), then drop it down and do a set of 10-12 reps of regular side raises. I'd also try do landmine presses if your gym has a landmine (or shoulder press w/a neutral grip).

Tore my AC joint a few years back. Luckily it wasn't a terrible tear but was still a major pain. Ill mimic what was said above about using bands and or cables if you have access to those. There are so many different things you can do with them. Every time i do over head presses with dumbbells my shoulders pop and crackle, it doesn't hurt but the first few times it was very worrisome. after my first set it goes away. So sometimes a little noise isn't too bad, but each person is different.

But if your joints hurt i would start with bands or cables or light weights. a few simple youtube searches and you'll have dozens of different lifts to try out. I also take krill oil for my joints, seems to help a bit.

Play no check Ice Hockey 2 -3 times/week.

A Bristol Bay Wild Sockeye Salmon Steak a week

Full Stretches several times a day. For me, right before bed is very important.

Yes I do Hunting' Fool, but I went to physical rehab to learn it. After major shoulder surgery and a fall over the dog last winter and back into rehab I finally feel strong and the shoulders are tight.
I do weight curls and band work but it's the learning that will get you there faster than listening to all of us and the internet.
What we think we know and what we don't is a big curve. And me sitting here typing how to do this and that won't help you one bit. Because in person learning is steps ahead than reading.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back