Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

better units for non res w wyoming general elk tag?

Can't really imagine hunting 81/83 without horses and I'm a backcountry backpack hunter. I've been in the edges of both. Not really that rough, but getting into the heart of them and then getting an elk out on your back while dealing with bears would be a challenge. I would say that is one of the major reasons hunter numbers are low. A lot of units with easier access and hunting that is good.
Yep learned that one the hard way, hard to understand the scale of the landscape until you see it.

general tag probable again this year, we will know pretty soon,,,,ill be solo most likely,,dealing w grizz is ok while hunting,i think id be ok dealing with an encounter,,, untill i get a elk down,,thats when it can turn into a problem,,what do you think think about some of those units if your solo??73,67,81,82,83,85,89,92,94 all doable or not..how fast do ya think a griz will home in on the blood scent? am i foolish,even if careful,,or do i try for other units without the grizz issues//extra rope to hang meat left behind is a must//night pack outs with a qtr on your back is not desired,,{but does/can happen on occation}go back for remaining qtrs during daylight//side arm and bear spray ready//would you try it solo?or bail and drink a bud light?

general tag probable again this year, we will know pretty soon,,,,ill be solo most likely,,dealing w grizz is ok while hunting,i think id be ok dealing with an encounter,,, untill i get a elk down,,thats when it can turn into a problem,,what do you think think about some of those units if your solo??73,67,81,82,83,85,89,92,94 all doable or not..how fast do ya think a griz will home in on the blood scent? am i foolish,even if careful,,or do i try for other units without the grizz issues//extra rope to hang meat left behind is a must//night pack outs with a qtr on your back is not desired,,{but does/can happen on occation}go back for remaining qtrs during daylight//side arm and bear spray ready//would you try it solo?or bail and drink a bud light?
If you have not hunted grizzly country much its not something I would chance solo for the first time if it gets into your head it has the potential to ruin your hunt. In heavy grizzly country bears will be on a kill in hours or less. In less populated areas it may not be as fast but they will find it.

Anything between the park and jackson I would consider a good chance to see a grizz south of Jackson they are still around but not spotted as often the further south you get the less chance of having a run in

ive been in grizz country a number of times,,unit 61,62 idaho bordering yellowstone,,along with a number of units in wyoming like 81,82,83,85,91,,have seen some big grizz tracks,but havnt had a encounter yet..i figured somebody would see my remark about a bud light and get a laugh out of it.i just havnt dropped a elk in those grizz units by myself yet.hard to carve on a elk,bag it up solo while watching your own back.

Back