Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Better off saving points this year…

WYelker

It has been a nasty year here in much of WY. This last storm did in a lot of animals… my commute I am seeing new dead animals everyday.

The group of pronghorn has been “stuck” on a south hillside between the highway and fence. They had 9 fawns just over a week ago and like 30 adult lopes. Now it appears that all the fawns are dead and this am on my way in I could see at least 2 adults are now dead on that hillside…

Dude be careful posting things that say “too many elk” “let hunters take more”….

It’s taboo round these parts, dontcha know.

Yeah, we have seen antelope bed in their little divets in the snow and never get up here on our road this winter.

We haven't even reached the worst part of winter yet.

The transition between winter and spring, where it can rain during the day and get below freezing at night.

Region G is going to be hit hard.

La Barge / Calpet / Big Piney winter range has a ton of snow.

The Bear River Divide / Crawford Mountain winter range has a ton of snow.

And they were hit with a ton of snow early.

The deer have not caught a break this winter, it may take a few years to recover.

This could not have came at a worse time for non resident hunters looking to burn points this year.

"Between the highway and fence" ...dammit.
To clarify the fence is just a normal huge th fence. The problem is the belly deep crusted snow they can clear the fence and are stuck. All the animals are running out of option now… To many big drifted area andWith the last storm there is nothing, absolutely nothing for ground open here… We are supposed to get a couple days in the 30s this weekend but I am not sure that will be enough to melt and open up some areas

Ugh! I had planned to try and use my elk points but got talked out of it by my dad so we could cash in 10 pronghorn points. Doesn’t sound good, hoping I didn’t screw up big time

To clarify the fence is just a normal huge th fence. The problem is the belly deep crusted snow they can clear the fence and are stuck. All the animals are running out of option now… To many big drifted area andWith the last storm there is nothing, absolutely nothing for ground open here… We are supposed to get a couple days in the 30s this weekend but I am not sure that will be enough to melt and open up some areas
Reguardless fences kill a lot of pronghorn.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back