Yeti GOBOX Collection

Best Western State to Move to

tomengineer

I’m considering moving the family out west from the east coast. The wife is supportive and wants to go. I’ve only hunted Wyoming Antelope and am hunting Idaho this fall. Interested in Elk and Deer. Just wondering which state/area offers the best resident hunting areas. Thanks in advance.

I'd make job offerings first. Then go road trip to several places.

Really depends on whether you are only concerned about hunting quality / opportunity / cost, or whether you are also concerned with job opportunities, housing, cost of living, etc. My job requires a lot of travel, so I chose to live in UT. But I hunt in MT more than anywhere else.

I would expect Wyoming is the hardest sell for non-hunting family members. Everyone likes it here when they visit for their September antelope hunt. Come visit in February, and don’t open both car doors at once.

I would expect Wyoming is the hardest sell for non-hunting family members. Everyone likes it here when they visit for their September antelope hunt. Come visit in February, and don’t open both car doors at once.

Now that you mention it, nobody comes to visit past August/September. You ask people to help scrap ice off the inside of your windows in -30 degree weather once and they all turn into fair-weather family.

On a more serious note, all of us in Wyoming are trying to move to Colorado. I suggest everyone else try to beat us there. I hear California is real nice, too.

It was 13 degrees this morning. Stay away.
My gosh I’m not from Southern California. I’ve had more frozen nose hairs than you’ve had hot meals. Thanks for the look down your nose.

Now that you mention it, nobody comes to visit past August/September. You ask people to help scrap ice off the inside of your windows in -30 degree weather once and they all turn into fair-weather family.

On a more serious note, all of us in Wyoming are trying to move to Colorado. I suggest everyone else try to beat us there. I hear California is real nice, too.

My favorite is from December to March, watching the water in my toilet bowl slosh around from the wind moving my house. Watching unattended grocery carts boogey across the parking lot is cool too.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back