best way to wrap knees for backpack hiking?

Trekking poles have worked more wonders for my knees than braces/sleeves ever did. I tried some sleeves that actually seemed to make the pain worse.

I’ve never used a sleeve or wrap, but I used to have sharp pain in my knees when hiking, especially going downhill. Talked to my Dr and he prescribed a whole array of stretching. It worked wonders and fixed the root cause. I rarely have issues now, and when it flares up, I get back on stretches and it goes away.
This is what I need to figure out. Left knee really slows me down when going downhill. Only 33 and this is already a problem.

Yes, I watched Jerry Rice and Bret Favre advertising them, so ordered one. Put it on my injured knee, took a run, returned and ordered another immediately! I have three pairs now, of various support strengths. I highly recommend them.
Same experience here, thought they were a scam. Used them and the insoles and loved them. I don't know how effective the copper part is or if it's just a well made product but they work for me.

I’ve got a partially torn meniscus so I’ve been looking for something that works. I like the copper fit knee sleeve while it stays up. Donno if I need to tape the damn thing up or what. Just a quick walk around the building at work and it’s down sagging. Tried a new different sizes.
Finally ordered a Rehband sleeve. Actually stays up and is mostly comfortable.

I’ve never used a sleeve or wrap, but I used to have sharp pain in my knees when hiking, especially going downhill. Talked to my Dr and he prescribed a whole array of stretching. It worked wonders and fixed the root cause. I rarely have issues now, and when it flares up, I get back on stretches and it goes away.
Don’t be stingy. Post up the stretching routine for us all to try so we can ditch the sleeves. 😂

Don’t be stingy. Post up the stretching routine for us all to try so we can ditch the sleeves. 😂
Knees Over Toes guy flat out fixed my knee pain. At the root of his prescription is backwards walking/weighted sled pulls with form that puts knees over the toes and stimulates bloodflow to the quads and knees. It's freaky how quickly a couple days of doing his routine will fix knee pain, especially if it's patellar tendonitis.

Add in hip mobility stretches from the squat university guy, and I am night and day better than I was a year ago. Yutube may be a cesspool, but it's also an amazing resource for DIY physical therapy.

Knees Over Toes guy flat out fixed my knee pain. At the root of his prescription is backwards walking/weighted sled pulls with form that puts knees over the toes and stimulates bloodflow to the quads and knees. It's freaky how quickly a couple days of doing his routine will fix knee pain, especially if it's patellar tendonitis.

Add in hip mobility stretches from the squat university guy, and I am night and day better than I was a year ago. Yutube may be a cesspool, but it's also an amazing resource for DIY physical therapy.
Sounds like adding muscle confusion is the key here. It's a late night infomercial phenomenon that will be mainstream soon. Only the truly elite currently benefit from the concept but someday the avg man will have access to the muscle confusion program for only for payments of $19.99

Sounds like adding muscle confusion is the key here. It's a late night infomercial phenomenon that will be mainstream soon. Only the truly elite currently benefit from the concept but someday the avg man will have access to the muscle confusion program for only for payments of $19.99
No... it has nothing to do with muscle confusion. It's taking eccentric load off the tendons, while still providing good old fashioned workload to the muscles. Blood is how our bodies heal.

For a while I've been getting cortisone shots every 8-9 months. I've gone back to old school deep squat reps, which also helps reduce my arthritis pain. Not entirely, but it reduces it significantly.

I did some research and really liked how those looked and the reviews, but ended up going with a Rehband 3 mm sleeve. Good to know you like it, as it'll probably be my next try if this one doesnt work.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back