Best state to take up residency

A lot of these posts give the tone that moving to any of these destinations is a terminal state. Yes, moving is almost always a huge hassle. But, it's also possible to go somewhere for a few years and move on with little (if any) lost. I almost think it's necessary for someone to truly commit to any long term type of plans. You just have to see a few places and breathe the air for a few seasons having lived there to truly get it for yourself. Don't take my word (or anyone else's) for it; odds are that if you have an inclination to live somewhere else, you need to go give it a try. Beats wondering.

Yup the wife and I are living proof. Had a desire to hunt giant whitetails so we packed up and moved to iowa in 07. I was doing fine living here while I was totally engrossed in everything about big bucks. Now that I have completely lost interest in hunting deer I have come to the conclusion I can't stand living near the quadcities and working there. Good thing I've gotten bit by the elk bug. We are moving out west next year to hit the mountains. Took the wife out there last month and she fell in love with the mountains too.

Screw the money, YOU ONLY GET ONE TURN ON THIS EARTH, YOU BEST MAKE THE MOST OF IT, CAUSE THERE AIN'T NO DO OVERS.

Oh ya I'll be that 85 year old guy still in the workforce. People will ask why I'm still working and I'll just smile and say cause I lived.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back