Best Scope for $200 to $250 for a .243 ???

I'd go for the Burris FFII. I'm not sure about Lawnboys pentax. All I know is that I once looked through one of his scopes that was on his 30-06. The scope looked like it was from the eighteen hundreds. I barely made out a tree at 50 yards in full daylight...kind of looked like the tree was surrounded by a blurry cloud. I thought that has got to be the worst glass I've ever looked through. Then a week later he calls me and says he dropped a six-by bull and in his story he say "I could barely make it out." Long story short any scope would be an upgrade and a pentax recommendation might be scewed.

I have a savage 7mm-08 that when I got it, it had a tasco scope on it. I put a cabelas brand 4.5x14-50mm. I have had great results with this scope so far. My dad has a couple of the cabelas scopes and they have a great warranty and very reasonably priced. Hope this helps.

Redfield 3x9x40...bout 50 bucks less and comparable to Lupe's entry level of the same vari-power.

I'd go for the Burris FFII. I'm not sure about Lawnboys pentax. All I know is that I once looked through one of his scopes that was on his 30-06. The scope looked like it was from the eighteen hundreds. I barely made out a tree at 50 yards in full daylight...kind of looked like the tree was surrounded by a blurry cloud. I thought that has got to be the worst glass I've ever looked through. Then a week later he calls me and says he dropped a six-by bull and in his story he say "I could barely make it out." Long story short any scope would be an upgrade and a pentax recommendation might be scewed.

Come on there Nectar cut me some slack!:eek: That original scope was used in the civil war and I finally retired it for the the Pentax. I am now 21st century and the Pentax is really nice. Elk don't know if your looking through bad glass anyhow. Dead is dead :D

Well pilgram you make fine rabbit...er, I mean elk stakes. I also wonder if some of those pentax scope are comparable to a $500 scope. I just never looked through them in the field.

For that price range you won't go wrong with a Leupold VX-I but if you want to save yourself a couple bucks try out the new Redfield Revolution. It'll kick the snot out of any of the imports some of these other guys are harping on!!!!! Yeah american stuff is pretty bad ass if you ask me......

And if you have to ask yourself which other ones are imports (Burris, Bushnell, Taso, "the N word" etc)...... THEY ALL ARE!!!

For that price range you won't go wrong with a Leupold VX-I but if you want to save yourself a couple bucks try out the new Redfield Revolution. It'll kick the snot out of any of the imports some of these other guys are harping on!!!!! Yeah american stuff is pretty bad ass if you ask me......

And if you have to ask yourself which other ones are imports (Burris, Bushnell, Taso, "the N word" etc)...... THEY ALL ARE!!!

You should work for leupold

:D

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back