MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Best rangefinder for the money

Lawnboy

Well I lost my Bushnell scout rangefinder on my Alaska hunt:mad: It was the smaller hand held size and I loved it for bowhunting and rifle. It wasn't that great if you had an animal out in the open flat without anything to range too(trees, rocks, ect..) Wondered if any of you had a brand preference. I was looking in the $250 range. It looks like most brands have models for that price. Do those new ones that have angle compensation really work?

there was a leica lrf 1200 that went for $250, and a lrf 900 for 260 last week on the campfire. those would have been hard to beat at that price.

there is a lrf 1200 on there now for $425.

I used to have a Bushnell as well, a 1500 Elite. I thought it worked great for the money. Now I use a Leica 1200 CRF, and while I really like it, it did cost a pretty penny.

For a price point I'd look to the Bushnell's, though I have heard the new generation of Leupolds is supposed to be good.

I had the Nikon 800 but wanted the angle compensator. Was going to get the Nikon Riflehunter which has it and is right around $250 but then I looked through the new Leupold RX 1000 with the TBR. Bought that one instead. I think you should look at the Nikon for your pricepoint. Also, eBay has em a lot cheaper than retail locations and they are still NIB. Good luck in your search

Every range finder I've been around in the wild performs the same. They all have problems picking up the range in open country-nonreflective-antilope and do great on anything under 300 yards. The only one I've used that actually had a noticable difference was a leica. It seemed to grab the yardage every time. However the problem with the leica is that you can buy a nice truck for the same price.

I have a scout 1000 with arc (Bushnell) and so far the angle compensating function seems to work fine. For the money this is a pretty good little range finder.

I have used a wide variety and they do seem to all have their problems but still they are a staple in my pack.

Back