Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Best Muzzleloader for the money

My TC Impact has been really solid and I'm not sure I could see myself spending more than the $300 for the weathershield version and I'm a horrible gear junkie.

Always had and always will have Thomson centers. First the Hawkins now the Omega with the thump hole stock .Much more comfortable to shoot.

Big difference between a 150 and 600 dollar rifle. If you took both and looked down the barrel you would see it. One looks like a sewer pipe and one looks like a mirror. I have a CVA, TC, and traditions. My recommendation is CVA. Great barrels for the money.

I like the TC Bone Collector better than the other 8 rifles that I have, I have killed some good bulls with mine, 150 grains of triple seven pellets and a 245 grain dead center bullet.Took a bull at 183 yards and another at 200 yards, Just my opinion

I got a TC Omega Z5/weathershield from the bargain cave for about $150.8- 10yrs ago.
The Nikon Omega scope cost way more.....should have waited for Leupold to come out with MZ model.
I never understand why folks stop making a proven product....beside proven junk.

with all the info out there ,some people still like buying junk. Yep junk sells.

Not the cheapest, but not bad. I think I paid under $500.

CVA AccuraV2. 245gr powerbelts with 100gr Blackhorn 209.

Too bad for shot #3, without that one, this would have been 1 1/4" group. Not bad for open sight off the tailgate at 99 yards. Killed a deer with it a couple days later. 40 yards made it pretty easy.:D

23233664520_c7e5c99184_b.jpg

Hello all, new to the board, a nice place with a lot of good info. I wanted to chime in on the subject. I have had a .50 encore, .50 stainless firehawk, .54 black Knight, .45 White whitetail, and my newest love a .54 Lyman trade rifle. Only one was purchased new, and they all shot well (the white exceptionally well) but they all took some time to work up a load. If the price is right and I was in need, I wouldn't be afraid to try anything that looked like it might fit the bill.

for a few bucks, i snagged a CVA Express Double rifle about a month ago. It needed new sears and the guy wanted it gone. I haven't shot it yet but at just shy of 11lbs it won't go on any long hunts.

So curious...maybe someone can help me figure out the difference between these two muzzleloaders.

OPTIMA V2 Stainless Steel - Xtra Green - .50 Cal. Fiber Optic Sights
http://cva.com/CVA-Store-View.php?id=731

OPTIMA V2 NORTHWEST Stainless Steel-Realtree Xtra Green - Fiber Optic Sights
http://cva.com/CVA-Store-View.php?id=628

Looks like $8 MSRP and the NW has some sort of modified breech plug that shoots musket caps...I assume to protect it from the elements but to retain the spirit of the "open to the elements" law in certain states.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back