Anyone shot Remington Premier AccuTip Muzzleloader Bullets out of a non-Remington muzzleloader?

LopeHunter

Remington designed the AccuTip Muzzleloader bullet specifically for the Remington 700 Ultimate muzzleloader. Seeing good reviews of the bullet's performance but none of the reviews used a different muzzleloader.

I have two Omegas, one with scope and one without. I drew NV bull elk tag (no scope allowed) for this September and NM bull elk tag (scope allowed) for this October. I get very good groups with the scoped Omega at 100 yards, 200 yards and 300 yards using 300 grain Aerotip Platinum Powerbelts with 120 grains of Blackhorn 209 and a magnum 209 primer. I read mixed reviews on the Powerbelts on elk. The Powerbelts load easy in the Omega with just a dab of Bore Butter and group well.

I have shot 150 grains (by volume) of Blackhorn 209 through my trusty Omega a few times so might provide enough energy to propel the AccuTip. I have not yet compared barrel twist rates, diameters and lengths yet between Omega and Ultimate.

I have a few more trips to the gun range where can try other bullets. Seems every muzzleloader bullet out there has detractors for using to hunt bulls elk with the Omega. Some bullets reportedly do not expand, some shatter, some tumble, some have challenging coefficients for longer shots, some are difficult to ram down the barrel, etc.

Thoughts?

I've never used the AccuTip in a muzzleloader, but I have shot several hogs with the AccuTip shotgun sabot slugs. Every pig shot, even the big ones, dropped almost immediately. I can't tell you what the slug looked like because they passed right through, but they made a heck of a hole in the way out.

Theyre just barnes bullets packaged for Remington.

My bull 2yrs ago and my dads bull last yr were both taken with my accura v2. I'm using 290gr barnes Tmz with 100gr blackhorn. Recovered bullets look like they came out of an advertisement.

Can’t vouch for the muzzleloader accutips, but their slug gun ones are accurate and lethal . I’ve smoked plenty of deer with them. They’re like Mjolnir, hammer of Thor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back