Best GPS

I mainly hunt areas with no phone reception or very spotty reception,,,dont think a I phone will do where i go,have a garmin vista hcx with the hunting gps map chip in it and its ok,,,been thinkin about jumping up to the garmin 62st,,,was wondering if the montana does the satilite photos?

On Big Fin's recommendation I bought the Hunting GPS Maps last week. It's ridiculously awesome. I bought the software download because if you just buy the chip you can't view the maps on the computer and make updates. I didn't realize this till I did a little research and I'm glad I did. On my first go around with the map I found out that I almost ended up hunting a limited draw district in the backcountry this fall. Luckily there are other places in the area to do a bivy, but this software has already saved my butt big time and I'm not even out the door yet. On GPS units, I'm really happy with the 530HCX. The radio capability is great for any excursion, hiking, riding ATV's, etc. It's really easy to use, color screen and of course mates up with my new maps. My old man just bought a Delorme PN60 for the satellite image capability and he's less than impressed and wished he bought Garmin again. He had a 530, but lost it hunting with me in Montana...whoooops!! Anyway, I love the Garmin's, but mines not the latestand greatest so it's time for a replacement....just kidding...my wife may read this and have an aneurysm.

You have got to be kidding me... You can not use the chip for viewing maps on the computer and make updates?
I purchased the chip today at the store... Well, I suppose I could take it back. Wow! I was hoping once my 530 arrives (waiting for shipment) I would load it into the gps then connect the gps to the computer and work off the maps on the computer in that fashion... That is not possible if I have the chip vs the download? Thought I was making the better move buying the chip...

My dad just bought the download of Colorado and it's very easy to use. Very easy to download from pc to gps. The thing I don't like about the SD card is that you can't get updates.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back