Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Best Camo???

I am liking any of the new open country stuff. I have also been wearing mossy oak for a while really like it, but that could change. I have been thinking about the kings desert shadow stuff.

I guess it would depend on where you are hunting and what you are hunting with that would determine what works best . Same goes for the pattern of the camo.

But we also have hunted wearing blue jeans LOL

Ten Bears said:
What is the best all around camo? I've had guys say ghillie suits, but what about the new 3-D with leafs????

Don't you just accept the camo that the ATV manufacturers put on your ATV? And honestly, does the pattern make any difference? Does the pattern on the tank have to match the pattern on the fenders?

The more I hunt the less I think camo matters.

When I do use camo I prefer the more open patterns like Predator or ASAT.

I'm a firm believer in open patterns like predator, ASAT, or cabela's outfitter. I've had more and closer encounters with elk since I started using these types of patterns. I'm sure it wasn't all the camo, but in the really close encounters I've not had any real worries of getting seen. The philosphy behind patterns like these makes a lot of sense to me.

Here's one I like :

image.php

This is what T-bon eis thinking about wearing on our Sheep hunt !!!

113-22ja.jpg

OK, Joking aside, I have 3 tubs of Camo, YAh, some don't fit anymore.... :( But that being said Camo is a Marketing Gimic. Ithnik Camo isn't needed. That being said, I always buy new stuff every year. I think it looks good. Alot of the Camo when seen far away goes Blotchy and turns all into one camo so it looks like a Blob. T-bone mentioned predetor and thats one Example of a Camo that looks like camo even far away. Some of the Tree pattern ones look solid aty a distance. And thats were the Animal will be seeing you.

Scent is more important, Play the wind..............

ASAT and Natural Gear seem to be the best, in my opinion, and both work well in a variety of terrains. I would agree that scent is far more important than what you wear.

I've worn brown camo in green terrain and green in brown, scent & movement are far more important!!
That said I too like Predator, and a headnet or face paint is a must.
Just my 2 cents worth!!:cool:

Thanks guys. I'll look into the ASAT and Predator types. I see we have one poster here that can run freely with his disrespectful and insulting posts.... I thought those things were confined to S.I. and C.E......

Cammo is over-rated, scent and movement are more important. But I agree with everyone that said ASAT and Predator. ASAT has a cool website you can check out, just search it on google. Face paint or a face mask is a must.

I'm partial to predator. Been close to many animals with all types of camo but I like the open terrain stuff best.

When I am rifle hunting I usually where Carhartt pants and a camo t-shirt - the camo is so it doesn't show how dirty it is.....:D

When hunting with my bow I wear Scent Lok camo shirt/pants and a ghillie suit. I can't say enough about the ghillie, and the scent lok gear adds to it. I've had doe's so close they blew snot on me when I scared them. I just can't help myself at times - I have to jump up and yell when I am sure there isn't a buck around.

Back