Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Best Blow Ever

BearFoot

I've lived in Alaska for awhile. We get shaking, now & then, blown a fair amount, topped off with an occasional volcanic dusting. This weekend a heavy hammer came to town.

windy.jpg wendy4.jpgwindy1.jpgwindy2.jpgwendy6.jpgwendy0.jpg

wendy3.jpg

Last edited:
Started Saturday evening, blew hard Sunday. Sunday night and Monday blew faster, harder.
As of today, Monday the Mat-Su Valley is in state of emergency. With gust winds of 80-90mph at sub zero temps, there has been much damage to homes and businesses. There are over 17,000 homes without power. I've business interests that are without power and froze up. All the family homes have backup generators, wood stoves.

Winds are settling down some now.

I've been watching that! Weird seeing the A&W wall knocked over. Hope the power gets back for all those folks doing without right now. A neighbor plowed the snow at our cabin over the weekend and didn't report any damage.

I went to 5 gas stations to find diesel, pumps not working or not taking credit. LP gas out in many places.

Lot of people with out power. Don't want to leave their homes and pets. Much freezing going on. I've extensive damage to one property, 3 days with out power. Life's teaching never stops!

A friend of mine lives in Wasilla and his addition was without power for 3 days. He is in Phoenix on vacation but has a back up generator and a house sitter. They need to do away with overhead power lines and run it all under ground.

WTH happened to that bank?? Where did all the water come from? Did they have a sprinkler system on the roof???

I've lived in Alaska for awhile. We get shaking, now & then, blown a fair amount, topped off with an occasional volcanic dusting. This weekend a heavy hammer came to town.

View attachment 207778 View attachment 207780View attachment 207781View attachment 207782View attachment 207783View attachment 207784

View attachment 207779
Meh...Wyoming every winter.

My friend with a Hardware store in Talkeetna was asking about current wind conditions in Wasilla because all the Wind Speed websites had their wind speed measurement equipment broken...

It's amazing, I live 15 miles away and hardly a breath for most of that storm. My FIL had to fetch his snowmachine trailer out of the street. Hard to imagine wind that could blow a flatbed trailer down the road.

I read that on Dec 29th it was warmer on Kodiak then in San Diego. That's crazy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back