Best Binocs for under $500

I couldn’t be happier with the Vortex Diamondback 10x50 and at $250 they are definitely on the low end of the cost spectrum for decent binos.

With Mavens, is there anywhere to try them out? Or do you order them, and if you are not happy with them, you can send them back?

A lot of people don't know but Maven does have "demo centers" where you can try out their optics.

Wyoming: Wind River Outdoor Company
Colorado: No Limits Archery
Utah: The Front Archery
Australia: Outdoor Sports

Sounds like you're in Minnesota so that probably doesn't work for you, but just thought I would pass that along.

Regarding your second question, you can use their demo program. Here's the details right off their website:

"Our unique demo program provides a testing period for any of our models. Simply place your order and you'll be sent a lightly used, like-new, binocular. You'll have two weeks to put it through its paces and then decide whether you'd like to purchase a custom model, a stock model, keep the demo or return it for a full credit to your card (minus shipping). We even include a return shipping label. Once returned, in like-new condition, your credit card will be credited in full for the amount that was charged (minus shipping). If we don't hear back from you after the allotted time period we'll assume you're happy keeping the demo."

I've really liked my Steiner Predator 10x42... pretty good glass for the price. I found mine on sale for around $350

Back