Best bino harness and why

Ghillieman

I have a badlands bino harness and want something that offers more storage, 10/42 binos. Liked the magnetic at first, but it is noisey and dont want to risk compass interference. Also little storage...Overlap flap to protect hook and loop is where Im leaning. Want something non velcro as well...btw going to be wearing a chest holster

Are you okay? You posted this twice.

As to your question, I love my old ass fhf Pro M harness in multicam!

I have used three different ones. One of the original FHF, AGC Hybrid, and an original Marsupial (with magnets, not enclosed). The only one I still have is the marsupial and it’s primary winning trait is that the lid folds forward for when I’m in a stand.

I liked the AGC a lot but found myself carrying too much crap. I only use mine to carry binos and a couple lens wipes now.

This season I primarily just used one of the Rick young harnesses. I haven’t decided yet if I’ll hang on to the marsupial. Over the last couple of seasons it seems like the more I hunt, the more simple I like my stuff

I really like my marsupial over AGC. The marsupial magnet is really handy when it comes to treestand hunting.

The AGC had more storage, but was almost too bulky.

I’ve had FHF, AGC, and have a Marsupial.

The FHF just didn’t impress me, the harness always felt like it was slipping, and the chest pack always seemed to slip down and become a belly pack.

I really like my AGC, tons of storage, and it had a sleeve on top that would hold your phone and keep it easily accesible. I didn’t like having the lid fold back, and if I put my binos in just right they would squeak against the fabric on the inside. Mine was the older style that also had a buckle closure for the lid instead of the elastic cord and hook. I hated having a buckle.

I really like my marsupial, even though there’s stuff about the AGC I miss. There isn’t as much storage space, and the rangefinder pouch doesn’t hook to the pouch, so it ends up sliding around a bit. I also had my wife pull the elastic sleeve off my AGC and see it in the marsupial. I do like the fold forward lid, the magnet is relatively soft and quiet. But the other bad thing is the magnet messes with your compass if your using one. The harness is comfortable, and the exterior and interior fabric are both nice and quiet.

All in all, I’ll stick with the Marsupial. The fold forward lid is a big plus for me.

I have the FHF haven't had the slipping issues others have mentioned. I do have the original model though, bought it right when the company started. I just use the range finder pouch my range finder came with attached to the straps of the bino harness. I do have their bear spray holster under the harness as well.

Also as a side note, what the appeal and or hate for the harness opening from the front? I have tried a rear open and hated it. Seemed to be more cumbersome to open for me.

I’ve had FHF, AGC, and have a Marsupial.

The FHF just didn’t impress me, the harness always felt like it was slipping, and the chest pack always seemed to slip down and become a belly pack.

I really like my AGC, tons of storage, and it had a sleeve on top that would hold your phone and keep it easily accesible. I didn’t like having the lid fold back, and if I put my binos in just right they would squeak against the fabric on the inside. Mine was the older style that also had a buckle closure for the lid instead of the elastic cord and hook. I hated having a buckle.

I really like my marsupial, even though there’s stuff about the AGC I miss. There isn’t as much storage space, and the rangefinder pouch doesn’t hook to the pouch, so it ends up sliding around a bit. I also had my wife pull the elastic sleeve off my AGC and see it in the marsupial. I do like the fold forward lid, the magnet is relatively soft and quiet. But the other bad thing is the magnet messes with your compass if your using one. The harness is comfortable, and the exterior and interior fabric are both nice and quiet.

All in all, I’ll stick with the Marsupial. The fold forward lid is a big plus for me.
It depends on where you want to carry it but this stopped the sliding! I recommend it in the side you don’t connect every time
AE0F1CDF-4AF1-49A8-9C26-224EC8D82F9B.jpeg

Hey how'd you get one of the new ones? I want one!!! I personally love their attachment system they have.
I didn’t know they changed anything, I bought that one in 2021. It may be up for sale, I didn’t use it as much this past season!

I also like their attachment system, it was definitely designed by someone using the stuff

I didn’t know they changed anything, I bought that one in 2021. It may be up for sale, I didn’t use it as much this past season!

I also like their attachment system, it was definitely designed by someone using the stuff
It's this one right? They haven't been released to the public yet as far as I know.

I have a badlands bino harness and want something that offers more storage, 10/42 binos. Liked the magnetic at first, but it is noisey and dont want to risk compass interference. Also little storage...Overlap flap to protect hook and loop is where Im leaning. Want something non velcro as well...btw going to be wearing a chest holster

I've had 2 FHF harnesses, the original and the Pro-M one with the molle panel (although the unreleased one looks even better), I've had no issues with them. If you want extra storage they make accessory/rangefiner pouches that you can attach to the harness.

It's this one right? They haven't been released to the public yet as far as I know.

Nope, this is mine. Marsupial has had that style for years

Nope, this is mine. Marsupial has had that style for years

Gotcha. I thought you had the FHF bino harness too but now I see it's just the rangefinder pouch!

I picked up the sitka and I don't hate it, I like it overall. I rifle hunt, and it's a lot to have on your chest but everything is easy to access and no magnets. There's even a sleeve behind the binos for a sidearm. Only fits 10x42 binos though.
1675879017852.png

Ive tried the Horn Hunter, Alaskan Guide Creations and the Marsupial. Both the Horn Hunter and the AGC had close to 500 days in the field if not more. I really like the storage the AGC had and was really comfortable. I have recently switched to the Marsupial because I liked the way you can attach a handgun to it. I gave up storage for the handgun but it seems comfortable but time will tell.

I picked up the sitka and I don't hate it, I like it overall. I rifle hunt, and it's a lot to have on your chest but everything is easy to access and no magnets. There's even a sleeve behind the binos for a sidearm. Only fits 10x42 binos though.
View attachment 263898
How is the harness on those? Straps seem really thin, do they cut into your shoulders or neck at all once it’s loaded up?

How is the harness on those? Straps seem really thin, do they cut into your shoulders or neck at all once it’s loaded up?
So I'm 5' 10", 180 pounds, and I don't feel straps cut into me when I'm wearing it in a t-shirt. While hunting, I usually have it on over a jacket and it definitely doesn't cut. I keep binos, rangefinder, and windchecker in the pouches. Sometimes I'll slide in a full size 9mm behind the binos, and then it gets heavy/bulky but it's not too bad.

Overall, it rides well and I like it. I just have to endure my buddies only joke about it:

1675888410961.png

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back