Best bino harness and why

I had a Badlands XR, and loved it until it was stolen... I loved it. Bino on top that opens to the front, rangefinder on the bottom, and elastic ropes to not lose them. I had no issues. It has two small pouches on either side.

I want one where I can add a bear spray can or pistol.

Last edited:
I like the kuiu harnesses. I recently tried a SG harness and was disappointed as the weight of my binos made the harness slide up on the back of my neck which is very aggravating.

Only one I've ever used.

Only one I've ever used.

Made in the USA! The kit that is on sale now looks pretty sweet. Tell us more @BearFoot and others. I am very tempted…

Last edited:
I have a badlands bino harness and want something that offers more storage, 10/42 binos. Like the magnetic but it is noisey. Also little storage...Overlap flap to protect and opens from the rear is where Im leaning. Want something non velcro as well...
Alaska Guide series. Easy access to the necessities and American made. Plenty of models with options to fit any bino.

Mark

Made in the USA! The kit that is on sale now looks pretty sweet. Tell us more @BearFoot and others. I am very tempted…
I bought a large version, to house my 10x50 Leica's. First and only one I've owned. Zippered pockets on each side, I use for bug dope (small Bens, 100% Deet squirt bottle), lighter, water purification tabs, scope I-phone attachment & a few spare bullets, fit in these. Down under a horizontal zipped stash, I keep reading glasses, arse wipe, second lighter, hunt tags in baggie with arse wipe. There are stash pockets on top & back. I've had mirror, blister pads, and a comb shove in those. There is a zippered pouch in the front.

Bens-rarely needed, but there are times.
Water tabs-emergency only, got other clean water methods.
Lighter & scope attachment, use a lot.
Spare bullets, not yet.
Glasses, wipe, tags, all the time.
I don't get blisters, but just in case.
The mirror could signal, but mostly checking my mug, after combing some sweaty, greasy hair.
In the pic I have a mini 6' tape measure, With Moose we gotta know now, how big!

Alaska Guide Bino Harness.jpgAlaska Guide Bino Harness 2.jpg

Sometimes opposite the camcorder, I'll have a pistol, 10mm or 357.
Clips to the harness above the bino case. We see lots of bears.

I really like my AGC Hybrid Max. It’s extremely comfortable and has some extra pockets/storage space for a few small items. It doesn’t get in the way shooting my bow and stays in place when I need to move quickly.

Question on this thread - just posted my AGC max on the classifieds because it's too big for me. I'm thinking of going down in size on optics. If I want a harness a lot smaller / more minimal than the AGC is Marsupial the way to go? FHF looks good too - but smaller/lighter - any thoughts there for opinionated gearheads on here?

Question on this thread - just posted my AGC max on the classifieds because it's too big for me. I'm thinking of going down in size on optics. If I want a harness a lot smaller / more minimal than the AGC is Marsupial the way to go? FHF looks good too - but smaller/lighter - any thoughts there for opinionated gearheads on here?
I like my Marsupial Enclosed. Just big enough for bare essentials, plus a bit more. I keep thinking I want a way to modify it for more storage but I know myself well enough to know I’ll fill it so full of crap I won’t know what’s in it anymore.

My harness includes the bino pouch, binos, rangefinder pouch, rangefinder, wind checker bottle, a set of ear plugs, 2 spare cartridges, a lense cleaner and rain fly ( these last two items are shoved in the bottom under the binoculars.)

Just bought a Mystery Ranch 10x42 harness yesterday… so here’s my way too early un-field tested thoughts so far. Comfortable, way nicer fit than the stock Vortex harness I was running before. Not as much storage as I would’ve liked, but as mentioned by @Jbotto above I realized I was essentially wanted a second mini pack of stuff on my chest. The mag-close is pretty nice. Comparable to the enclosed marsupial that I wanted. I picked up a marsupial range finder holder cause the MR one didn’t seem as nice IMO.

I’m with you on a smaller/minimal harness- some of them look like someone put their pack on backwards to me.

I really like the Kuiu Pro, can’t say there is anything about it I don’t like.

I purchased the Ravus, and yes it is pretty big. I also purchased the rangefinder case, pistol and bear spray holster. I love it so far. I am a big dude, and feels great. It buckles down tight like I like.

Last edited:
I went from an AGC to a marsupial for the same reasons, but also wanted to stay fully enclosed and open to the front.

Of course as soon as I bought the one with magnets they come out with one that doesn’t have them.

All in all I like the marsupial, but I did swap the locking buckles from the AGC to it, and have thought about swapping the AGC harness as well.

My new fave. Like all things Eberlestock, mix and match to customize. I use the bino pouch, rangefinder pouch, utility pouch for InReach or wind checker, and molle add-on below.
Usually leave the handgun and bear spray pieces at home.

It works with the Eberlestock chest harness system, so you can just clip it to your pack shoulder straps without the extra harness. Easy to move between packs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back