Berger 215 Hybrid

Mtmuley...I have shot the 215's out to 1000 on 14" steel plates and have had very consistent impacts as long as I am doing my job with the wind calls.The one thing I have noticed with the 215's as that they are much easier to work up a load with in a factory style mag well.The 210 VLD's are pretty sensitive to seating depth.I will be putting a Wyatt's DBM on my RUM in a couple weeks so I can start farting around with running them out a little farther.
One thing I should mention is that my RUM is a Sendero but I put a 28" Bartlein barrel on it so I am seeing a little bit more velocity,not much,but a little over the standard 26" tube.
Don't let anybody fool ya on the availability of Retumbo....If you look around,there is plenty to be had.Just bought 2 lbs. in Bozeman on saturday.
One last thing...I gave you the overall cartridge length as a guideline but I seat my bullets based on the ogive measurement.

Last edited:
I use tools and measure off of the ogive also. As you said, sometimes mag length is a limiting factor. I have had fantastic results at LR with the 290 VLD, and even the 200 Accubond. The heavier 215 has had my interest for awhile, and I figure it would be a good summer project. Thanks for the info. mtmuley

I'm not sure where you are in MT, but I've been able to buy Retumbo pretty easily in Billings lately. 215Ms, not so much....

I love the 7mm berger 180grn. Anyone with experience with the LR accubond on paper and game?

My 300 wsm using win 760 shoots 165 Barnes TTSX decently enough right now to meet my needs. So I tried 180's adjusted powder, and they shoot like turds.

I've been told (need to check tho) that I have a 1-10 barrel, so I'm thinking I might give the 200/210 Berger a shot, maybe the ELD-x depends on what is on the shelf. I don't have a Berger book, but I would assume, H4350/Win 760/ R17 would all work??

If anybody needs Berger info,please don't hesitate to ask or PM me as I have the manual and will help you out.

mtmuley if you can track down Retumbo you better snag a good supply that stuff is tough to find without having to pay big bucks for shipping (if you can even find it online). I ran out for my 7mmMag and am now going to try MagPro under the 168grainers

Last time I was in Dillon I think I saw retumbo at the trading post.

Back