Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bergdahl decision.......seriously?

SFC B

I am seething as I write this. I just saw an Army Times article that relayed the fact that FORSCOM Commander , Gen. Abrams (yes, THAT Abrams) has confirmed the "punishment" for Bergdahl. 10 months forfeiture of pay, reduction to E1 and Dishonorable discharge.....no jail time......no forfeiture of ALL pay and allowances......for desertion......during a war? Abrams should have to personally justify this load of crap to each and every member of the unit this dirtbag deserted. How is this in any way appropriate? I can only hope that there are Vets everywhere this POS goes who make sure he never has a peaceful or happy day again in his life.

Bergdahl should have never been admitted to the Army after being separated from the Coast Guard for mental issues. Had the Army done it’s job correct in the beginning instead of trying to meet quotas, this whole mess wouldn’t have happened.

The decision is not surprising based on how the entire situation was handled.

I am seething as I write this. I just saw an Army Times article that relayed the fact that FORSCOM Commander , Gen. Abrams (yes, THAT Abrams) has confirmed the "punishment" for Bergdahl. 10 months forfeiture of pay, reduction to E1 and Dishonorable discharge.....no jail time......no forfeiture of ALL pay and allowances......for desertion......during a war? Abrams should have to personally justify this load of crap to each and every member of the unit this dirtbag deserted. How is this in any way appropriate? I can only hope that there are Vets everywhere this POS goes who make sure he never has a peaceful or happy day again in his life.

ditto

Bergdahl is a traitor. This whole thing has been handled horribly! This decision is a disgrace and a huge insult to our country and all that have served. They should've left him with his captors.

Bergdahl should have never been admitted to the Army after being separated from the Coast Guard for mental issues. Had the Army done it’s job correct in the beginning instead of trying to meet quotas, this whole mess wouldn’t have happened.

You hit the nail on the head!

Amazing. Can not find any further words to describe my thoughts...

I find this amazing. I just put out a soldier for marijuana use. He lost 2 months pay, got 45 days extra duty, reduction from SPC to PV2, and general discharge. Yet this guy leaves his post and gets off with not much worse than a guy who smokes a little dope?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back