Yeti GOBOX Collection

Benefits of government shutdown

Montanaborn

If any of you camp in national forest campgrounds when you are hunting that require payment we may luck out this year. I just called the Boise National Forest and the Emmett Ranger District to see when they are going to quit collecting camping fees for the year. Both offices are shutdown due to the politicians sitting on their arses. Going to play it by ear; we may not have to fork out the $15/night fees if the government stays shut down for another couple of weeks or so. On the bad side; I'd sure hate to be a government worker right now.

Hate to be a government worker now?? Dude its hunting season! LOL

Someone planned correctly. I am headed out the door to help haul out an elk.

Who camps in a "real" campground while hunting? lol

That ought to be against the law.

Who camps in a "real" campground while hunting? lol

That ought to be against the law.

Nice level ground to pitch the tent. On unlevel ground you run the risk of having someone trying to spoon with you if you are the one sleeping on the downhill side. Another benefit is not having to squat over a log. The concrete outhouses are nice even if the seats are cold in the mornings. Idnative and I usually wait out our nephew in the mornings until he goes and warms the seat up. Got in the habit of camping there when Dad was our age (in our sixties) 28 years ago so we just never moved. Truthfully, we're just plain spoiled now.

Welcome to Hunttalk MTborn...nice to see another fella from Idaho on here.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back