Benefit of the arctic blast headed to the midwest??

Only benefit I can see coming is campus is closed all day Wednesday and all Thursday morning. Could even go squirrel hunting once or twice more. :)

Oak mites in Kansas have been building over the last several years due to moderate winter temperatures. They cause a skin bite/reaction equal or worse to chiggers. I hope the cold snap hits them hard.

Buddy in WI says now the lakes will freeze up solid for ice fishing...was -24 @ his farm this morn & maybe down to -28 by Thurs.
Then there's the wind chill.

I see the high for us tomorrow is -19. Hopefully it puts a hurting on the ash borer around here.

I am glad that the ash borer has yet to make it to Montana.

The big benefit from an arctic blast in Montana is that it gets rid of the fair weather Californians

I'll take a month of this if it kills the ash borers. -30 is much easier to stomach than $300.00 per year to save my 5 ash trees.

Ash....whats an ash? The borers have killed off so many around here, it's crazy. In one of the neighboring county, they have eliminated nearly all of the ash stands. I'm going to the local saw mill this evening to pick up some dead ash that was brought in to make railroad ties. I get the cutoff ends for firewood. There are about 2 cords worth for me to pick up today. It's sad what those stupid beetles have done to our trees.

Yea that is good news. It is -23 at my place right now. Wind chills could be -50-55 tonight. I live on a lake and get the full impact of the wind. You know it's cold when I let the labs outside and they take care of business and head right back for the door. The woodstove will be working on overdrive tonight

Jeff just sent me a pic of his dash thermometer @-23 & still going down on his drive to a field.......

We have a temp of -23 today and the low last night hit -60 with the wind chill. It's not too bad if you're out of the wind, a buddy and I went post season scouting for deer last Saturday when it was -11. The forecast is calling for it to be 38 above on Saturday. Here in SW MN

I just read a story that in Chicago, cat lovers are encouraging folks to leave out dry food and insulated shelter to help out the cities huge population of stray cats. It sounds like a little population control by Mother Nature to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back