beginner

dandredeshon

going hunting for the first time this year. looking for tips/tricks/advice/books/videos literally anything that can help. TIA

Start reading thread after thread on here. And if you really want to go nutz, head over to rokslide... if you dare.

Start reading thread after thread on here. And if you really want to go nutz, head over to rokslide... if you dare.
just make sure to tie a rope around your waist and onto something solid, the sinkholes around here can be strong enough to suck you through your computer screen, never to be heard from again.

kind of a broad questian to throw to this pack of starving hyenas. where are you hunting, what species are you going after, do you have any hunting experiance... you might want to fill in some blanks here.

kind of a broad questian to throw to this pack of starving hyenas. where are you hunting, what species are you going after, do you have any hunting experiance... you might want to fill in some blanks here.
i live in new mexico looking to hunt deer with zero experience

Have you applied for the tag draw yet?
do this first or you wont be able to hunt anything. are you looking at hunting coues deer or mule deer... rifle or bow...
honestly l would hit up randy on youtube and start bingeing videos and podcasts.

yes i have and i have a mossberg patriot in 3006 but i plan to upgrade to something better before season starts.
If the rifle is accurate, I’d go with it. Binoculars, range finder, and spotting scope could all be helpful. Get the tag and I’m sure you’ll get some help from this site. Also, consider applying for Colorado deer.

I’d recommend going only if you have a mentor. YT teaches you so much but real world experience with someone who’s walked the walk is the best and SAFEST way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back