Been Awhile....

HONDO

It's been more than a year since I've posted, hope everyone is a few dollars richer and a tad bit smarter since I last visited.

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, my son just completed his Hunters Education and Safety class (He's 11) here in Idaho.

My question is this. What fun hunts has everyone taken their young hunters on? I would like to get him out in the field as much as possible this year (while he is 11) to enjoy hunting some big game. I was thinking about Spring black bear in Southeast Alaska and possibly Texas for some exotics.

Any other thoughts?

Hog hunts are always fun. Antelope are a good one too since they are plentiful and usually a pretty easy tag to draw in most states if you do your homework, especially doe tags.

This is outside the box for you western guys but a "blast and cast" trip on the Chesapeake bay is hard to beat. You start the morning off with a sea duck hunt and end the day by catching your limit of rockfish. Its all on the same boat and you dont need waders. Any kid will have a great time with that adventure.

Welcome back.

Get a handful of antelope tags and head to Wyoming.

Edit: He might need to be 12 to hunt in WY...

Someone this year brought their twelve year old up here to shoot a bighorn ewe, thought that would be a pretty cool hunt for a kid.
Expensive tag-wise, but a short drive for you.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back