Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Beaver Pelts

thill

Serious stuff here! Now that I am married, the only legal beavers I can trap(Shoot) according to the CDOW is during Oct 1 to April 1. My question is, when are the pelts in there prime. By the 1st of October are these pelts in there prime, or should I wait until later in the winter.

I would think in the middle of winter, but if bcat read this Im sure he will know.

Delw

Here in Minnesota they are prime form about now to mid February.

Sorry THILL, I was going to reply, But I was thinking this was a different topic
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

Beaver meat and castor is the best bobcat bait. Has been a secret to alot of people for years. They prime in Kansas about January but it depends on the weather.

Wolverine, have you found that southern beaver gets the same thick fur as a northern beaver?

TBone, on the contrary, I've found that the souther beaver tends to have less fur. In fact, in many instances, I've found them w/ only small strips of fur on an otherwise bald beaver.

Interestingly enough, they are extremely plentiful and fairly easy to snatch.. I mean catch.

You guys would probably like that rare oriental beaver that has little or no fur at all.. They are prime only for thier meat...

The pelts bring little or no market..

cool.gif

"they are extremely plentiful and fairly easy to snatch"
Wow, W@W, sounds like you have really good luck.

I have indeed had Oriental beaver. Sprinkled with teriyaki sauce is an excellent way to eat it.

Interestingly, I own a couple wall hangings from Tokyo that were woven with the hairs of shaved beavers. Excellent conversation pieces and quite beautiful to look at.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back